Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodview, Ashford, Wicklow

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone!

My partner and I are looking to buy in Woodview, Ashford, Co Wicklow. We were just wondering does anyone have any experience or info on what kind of a place it is to live?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't mean to belittle the place (or maybe I'm just a snobbish ****), but it is prob the roughest area to live in. In saying that, it would be a minority. Think everywhere in Ashford is fairly similar though.

Nice walk from village, but not too far, it certainly has improved as of late too. There are some newer houses on left after 'the' ramp at start of estate. Plenty of space for kids (if you're thinking that far ahead) as the soccer team plays in fields beside it. As I said, its minority that cause trouble, but I'd advise it.

If ya need any more info, just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kavoweb

avoid. the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I understand that its a pretty settled local authority estate. There was a bit of bother a couple of months ago.S.ee wicklow people newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

bisset wrote: »
    I understand that its a pretty settled local authority estate. There was a bit of bother a couple of months ago.S.ee wicklow people newspaper

The "bit of bother" would have happened in any estate as they where trying to move in a convicted paedophile. It is/was a council estate so its not exactly foxrock but overall its not too bad of an estate, It also depends whereabouts in Woodview you are moving too. Ashford in general is quite nice, although pretty quiet and boring.

Advertisement