Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie Friendly Restaurant for B-Day

Options
  • 22-09-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Trying to source a nice restaurant for my birthday dins with my whole family that will cater nicely to me (and my veggie bf) but will also have interesting choices for the meat eaters, kids and elderly! BF and I will go out separately to full veggie place or more casual place too that's he's organising but need one for all the family that will keep everyone happy too!

If possible, northside or city centre for ease of travel!! Would really appreciate any help, would like somewhere nice that offers a few decent veggie choices!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

I am not vegetarian myself, but I have always found that any veggie friends I have are usually most happy in Tapas style resteraunts, where there's always a good choice of non meat dishes and because of the size of the portions they can order a few different things. Beats being stuck with vegetarian lasagne as is usually the case elsewhere!

I love Bar Pintxo on Eustace Street in Temple Bar, it's cheap and there is a great selection of dishes-including a decent vegetarian choice.Something there for everyone- suits fussy eaters cause they can play it safe with the plainer dishes but there is also some more unusual ones for the more adventurous!

Found a sample menu on the net...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

ElectraX wrote: »
    I am not vegetarian myself, but I have always found that any veggie friends I have are usually most happy in Tapas style resteraunts, where there's always a good choice of non meat dishes and because of the size of the portions they can order a few different things. Beats being stuck with vegetarian lasagne as is usually the case elsewhere!

I love Bar Pintxo on Eustace Street in Temple Bar, it's cheap and there is a great selection of dishes-including a decent vegetarian choice.Something there for everyone- suits fussy eaters cause they can play it safe with the plainer dishes but there is also some more unusual ones for the more adventurous!

Found a sample menu on the net...

That's great, I'll definitely check it out!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056015408

I made a post like this recently, has loads of suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056015408

I made a post like this recently, has loads of suggestions.

how did yours go anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Absurdum wrote: »
    how did yours go anyway?

I haven't had my meal yet, not until December :) i'll report back then!

• Advertisement
Advertisement