Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinglen Lacey Brothers Pure Mile

Options
  • 17-09-2010 1:24am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what exactly the 'Pure Mile' is around Ballinglen? I am actually a descendant of the Lacey brothers' family (Their sister was my great great great grandmother) and so my mother and I decided to take a detour on our way home to Wicklow the other day to see the bridge and monument to the brothers. On our way we passed a sign saying 'Lacey brothers Pure Mile' or something to that effect and we wondering what this is?

My family aren't actually Wicklow natives, just lived in the town for the past 9 and a half years if that helps explain my ignorance! :)

I have done a google search but couldn't find anything!
    and excuse the badly written paragraph! I never seem to be able to write these things well!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 macrochip

Its an environmental initiative of the Pure Project aimed to create a greater awareness of our countryside. Ballinglen entered and won the competition in 2009. See here for more details www.pureproject.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

macrochip wrote: »
    Its an environmental initiative of the Pure Project aimed to create a greater awareness of our countryside. Ballinglen entered and won the competition in 2009. See here for more details www.pureproject.ie

Thanks a mill. We weren't sure what it was about!

Advertisement