Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find quorn products.

Options
  • 04-09-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

(ok sorry if a simular thread exists.. I'm new to this)

As a lazy vegetarian who misses meat (yes, I admit it. Tofu just doesn't do it sometimes) I rely on quorn too much.

I find it harder to find quorn stuff these days.
    • Here's a heads up though, in tesco mount merrion (beside st vincents) there is a VERY extensive range of quorn products and other meat subs. In the 'fresh/chilled' food section (first aisle in store) there was stuff I've never seen on sale in Ireland before; quorn paté, quorn satay 'pork' skewers, quorn popcorn chicken as well as quorn ready meals. In the frozen food section (next to the vegetables) there was a good range of quorn stuff (chicken style pieces, sweedish meatballs ect) as well as stuff I haven't seen in ages (quorn chicken style dippers). It actually was amazing :D
    • Supervalu seem to have a good range of quorn as well as other veggie ready meals (linda mccartney sausage rolls are well nice)
    Dunnes in cornelscourt are very disappointing, your man looked at me like I had ten heads when I asked him where the vegetarian food was.

Does anyone else have a heads up about where to buy quorn ect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

hummingbird in artaine castle has a nice range of veggie stuff in the fridges, not quorn but linda mccarthney and other brands.

think most health food stores have a small bit :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pretty much health food stores, dunnes, tesco, supervalu will all vary a bit from store to store but you can get Fry's, cauldron etc more easily in a health food store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Tesco has gotten a lot better for their cauldron and quorn products and I'm normally just in the one in Phibsboro, one on Parnell street has a lot more quorn stuff even though it's only a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Cornelscourt has all the staples, like The chicken style pieces and mince etc, but lacks the range they used to :(

They do have the Deli style ham in the chilled section!

Every so often i do take a trip up north ( Newry etc ) Purely for the Quorn Range.

Asda have everything from the Frankfurters, and Mini balls and Italian style balls. Literally everything on the Quorn website. Yea, its a 2 hour drive, but i usually buy a month or two's worth of the more unusual stuff which is totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

* highly recommends quorn hot n spicy chicken pieces *

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Me too! They so good! Some genius decided to buy some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

maameeo wrote: »
    hummingbird in artaine castle has a nice range of veggie stuff in the fridges, not quorn but linda mccarthney and other brands.

think most health food stores have a small bit :)

Second Hummingbird, although they're very expensive, we nearly had a heart attack when we realised we'd just paid nearly 7 euro for a pack of sausages! Tesco (in the same centre) have loads and if you can get near a Superquinn they do good prices and have Linda McC products too!

Advertisement