Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metro North & Interconnector [Google Earth KMZ]

• 04-09-2010 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Note: You need Google Earth to view KMZ files.

I have done up a rough alignment of Metro North and the Interconnector.

I have not mapped the exact alignments and stations according the railway orders, so if you are familiar with KMZ files and the exact routes, please update the file and upload it here as version v1.1, v1.2, and so on.

Otherwise, please specify the changes here and I will update it for you.

The Metro North alignment should be mostly correct, though I got lost after Estuary.

The Interconnector alignment is very rough. If anyone has the time to map it correctly using the railway orders, please update the KMZ and upload here.

Cut and cover sections of Metro North are not indicated in the KMZ at this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

Deadly, shows both together. I'd be cool if there was one with all two Luas, two Dart, and metro together ;)

It would show properly what system is being proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭That username is already in use.

v1.1 (download below)

The following lines are available:
    • BRT Blue Line
    • Metro North
    • Metro West
    • Luas A, A1, C1
    • Luas B, B1, B2, BXD
    • Luas F
    • █ DART Hazlehatch/Malahide
    • █ DART Greystones / Maynooth & Howth
    V3GzY.jpg

Remember to turn OFF the primary database layers, otherwise it gets a bit confusing.

k687k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I think the best thing to do is just to add the MN and DU onto what's already in place as well as the Citywest extension.

The rest is just pure fantasy stuff for a minimum of the next ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭That username is already in use.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do is just to add the MN and DU onto what's already in place as well as the Citywest extension.

The rest is just pure fantasy stuff for a minimum of the next ten years.

No, I'm leaving them there so people can see the proposed alignments.

You can turn them off if you don't want to see them.

Advertisement