Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbbingin Galway/ salthill area

Options
  • 02-09-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im remember as a kid at the seaside walking out on jettys, piers and rocky outcrops and being able to drop a string, weight and hook or something with meat on and to be able to pull up some big crabs. This was great fun and i was wondering if anyone knows any good areas for this around the galway city area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Handyman1

Looks like everyone wants to keep they’re Crabbing locations to themselves :)

but if you want Crabs you should try the Shannon estuary… they break my heart every time I fish there :mad:

Have to change / rebait every 5 minutes because they attack as soon as the bait hits bottom.. To say its infested with them would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seansmacaoidh

I've done some on the pier in Barna, can only get little ones, I kept knocking them off the wall taking them up so I rigged up a little crab trap... works, but they are to small to eat... :(

Advertisement