Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray to Greystones cliff walk recently?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this walk recently? Just wondering as my mother was hoping to do it, but is a little worried about how safe / manageable it is to do at the moment, and the best way to approach it.

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Just did it there last Friday, i reckon going from Greystones Harbour is the best route. Safety is not really an issue but there are sections where you will need to negotiate unevan ground and some quite deep steps. Well worth it though, on a nice day there is nothing better!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Yes, it is much better than it used to be; the Council have and local volunteers have done a lot of work on it. It is is safe now, when once it wasn't. Wear good shoes ... and it does get muddy in parts after rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Don't forget you can also go over Bray head instead or around it ;)
    Better views from the top and a nicer walk overall IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Don't forget you can also go over Bray head instead or around it ;)
    Better views from the top and a nicer walk overall IMO :)

Where does it let you out in on the other side of Bray Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Rasmus wrote: »
    There may be other routes, but what I do is to just follow the main track across the top, until you get to the last little "summit" before the one with the trig point on it. There's a small track of left (initially quite steep, but levels off after a bit) from there that leads down diagonally and comes out eventually on the Cliff Path just before a couple of houses. You want to aim to hit a track that goes alongside the houses and down to the Cliff Path about half way between the two.

Problem is at the moment it's very overgrown with bracken and difficult to follow .. we did it the other day and ended up having to climb over a newly repaired stone wall with quite a drop on the other side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks! : )

Yep, as Alun says

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

There is a focus group looking at this walk at the moment as far as I know. I hope they put up a few signs soon, one stating the walk is not suitable for buggies would be a start! Always feel sorry for the families when you meet them half way through the walk.

There is a focus group looking at this walk at the moment as far as I know. I hope they put up a few signs soon, one stating the walk is not suitable for buggies would be a start! Always feel sorry for the families when you meet them half way through the walk.

"Caution. Walk involves Walking"

:D

There's only so much you can do for people before they have to learn some common sense tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks guys for all the feedback - the mother is delighted! :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Rasmus wrote: »
    It brings you out at the roundabout at the top of the Vevay road in Bray, down besides the edge of the golf course. i

It is a nice walk, an easier way to get up to the Bray head also, much less steep and a very well defined path, and shorter! Not much room to park though on that side, except beside Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

bdo wrote: »
    It brings you out at the roundabout at the top of the Vevay road in Bray, down besides the edge of the golf course. i

It is a nice walk, an easier way to get up to the Bray head also, much less steep and a very well defined path, and shorter! Not much room to park though on that side, except beside Dell.

No - they are talking about going over Bray Head to Greystones

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement