Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Superquinn for Southern Cross Rd

Options
  • 31-08-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I see Superquinn has lodged a new PP for the store which they got Planning for about 2 yrs ago. they are looking to change 2 of the units to allow them open a 6 screen Cinema!! This would be a great addition to the area!!

The notice is on the southern Cross Road opposite the Business Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Bray? Wicklow? Baltinglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

LOL...I moved to the Southern Cross in 1999 and they were on about this new Superquinn then also. I sold up and moved in 2007 and they were still saying it would be starting any year now.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

trad wrote: »
    Bray? Wicklow? Baltinglas?

Bray

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

A cinema is surely needed around the Bray/Greystones area

bogtreader wrote: »
    A cinema is surely needed around the Bray/Greystones area

Absolutely - I think the old cash and carry building opposite Bray DART station would be ideal in terms being accessible to public transport and not relying on cars

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Absolutely - I think the old cash and carry building opposite Bray DART station would be ideal in terms being accessible to public transport and not relying on cars

I believe it was a very popular dancehall many years ago...the Arcadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

A cinema would be FAB

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I dunno if a cinema would be fab. I would change the emphasis - from a shopping centre with traffic from 9am - 9pm, to a situation where the traffic would increase significantly from 5pm until 11pm. It will change the nature of the space, and the road.

well you can object

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

bdo wrote: »
    I dunno if a cinema would be fab. I would change the emphasis - from a shopping centre with traffic from 9am - 9pm, to a situation where the traffic would increase significantly from 5pm until 11pm. It will change the nature of the space, and the road.
    What is your issue with it? Its not ideal having to bring my kids to either Arklow or Stillorgan to the cinema. A welcome addition to Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

doesn't the new town centre already include a cinema?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

loyatemu wrote: »

:D I cant see that Happening for the next 10 Years tbh i mean the Florentine center is a perfect example of how things in Bray arent Progressing.

loyatemu wrote: »
    the town centre is stuck in Nama

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

What is your issue with it? Its not ideal having to bring my kids to either Arklow or Stillorgan to the cinema. A welcome addition to Bray.

My issue is as I have said: a "shopping centre" which will now be going 16 hours a day (between 8am - 12 midnight), not 12 hours a day (8am - 8pm).

In addition, it will be all cars - there is virtually NO public transport to it.

My objections lie as a local resident. I fully understand the appeal for anyone NOT living beside it, to be able to drive to a cinema closer than Dun Laoire, Wicklow or Stillorgan.

Advertisement