Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Hdmi cables be cut and rejoined?

Options
  • 25-08-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have to fish a hdmi cable behind a very narrow space, is it possible for me to snip it and then reconnect all the cables or would this just ruin the cable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

I have to fish a hdmi cable behind a very narrow space, is it possible for me to snip it and then reconnect all the cables or would this just ruin the cable?

I think you know the answer to that one.
    Is there no other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

reckon it would ruin the cable it to be honest

can you not move whatever is preventing it going through

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Electrisco-pops

There are 20 mm conduits going to exacty where I want it to go, unfortunately there's no other way, do not want to put trunking on the wall as this is a new installation and clients would not be happy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Some HDMI cables will fit through the conduit. Do you need to put it more than one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

cant you use cat5e or cat6 and use the hdmi connections off that have seen it post on another forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It can be done, but if you need to ask, then it can't.

CAT5e cables uses an adaptor box for HDMI.

Advertisement