Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit to JSB

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

If I am claiming Illness Benefit and decide to leave my job due to illness, can I go onto Jobseekers Benefit immediately or do I forfeit 9 weeks because of leaving my job voluntarily.

Also can I continue to claim Illness benefit once I leave my job?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Firstly how long are you on Ilness beneit ?
    If you leave your job due to Ilness you could be disallowed as you would be deemed not fit for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 witchmaiden

I was on Illness benefit for 6 months this year, I have been back at work for about 7 weeks and I am ill again, got the form from my doctor just yesterday. It's depression and stress related illness, and I want to leave my current job to pursue my own career, once I am better.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Probably the job is the cause of the stress. If you are back on illness benefit and do not want to return to this job you can inform your employer that you are resigning and get your p45 of them. Then when you are fit or work again you can sign on for Jobseekers Benefit. You can mail me if you need any further advice on this that you do not want to put on this.

Advertisement