Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time work

Options
  • 18-08-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

I am returning to Ireland after working in England for a few months, but only have a part time job lined up; weekday mornings 22 hours a week.

Will i still qualify for jobseekers benefit (maybe at a reduced rate) or any other benefits, or is the money from this job all i have to go on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

For any day that you work even 1 hour you lose all of Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance for that day. (So if you were to be working these 22 hours in say 4 hours each day of 5 days, then you won't be entitled to anything for any of the 5 days.

But if you worked 8 hours Monday Tues and Wed, and not on Thursday and Friday, then you get the Benefit for the Thursday and Friday.

Advertisement