Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Raid Siren - Bray

Options
  • 13-08-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear an air raid siren in Bray today? Around 16.30 to 17.20, two distinct blasts in pairs. From the Boghall Road area. Any insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

ironclaw wrote: »
    Anyone else hear an air raid siren in Bray today? Around 16.30 to 17.20, two distinct blasts in pairs. From the Boghall Road area. Any insight?

normally that would be the fire station siren

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bray Head was on Fire yesterday could have something to do with that

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

its was the fire station I drove pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I thought it came from the Fire Station alright. First time in all my years in Bray that I've heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is that a gorse fire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

is that a gorse fire?

Usually is. Bray Head has been burning for decades. Sometimes yobs, other times spontaneous combustion possibly aided by the amount of broken bottles lying about up there. I thought that the air raid siren had been done away with years ago - what about the pager system? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Usually is. Bray Head has been burning for decades. Sometimes yobs, other times spontaneous combustion possibly aided by the amount of broken bottles lying about up there. I thought that the air raid siren had been down away with years ago - what about the pager system? :confused:

Its like the Amish episode of the Simpsons :)

amish_guy_l1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

is that a gorse fire?

of gorse it is

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

the siren used to be tested every Saturday at midday in the 80's
    you could hear it going as far away as shankill
    i have not heard it for years - totally forgot about it , thanks :D

Advertisement