Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where was I?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

About 20 years ago I stayed in the Wicklow area and am trying to find out the name of the place (if it's still there). It was on the same side of the road as the soliders graveyard. The accommodation was a farm house with two bedrooms and a large kitchen / sitting room area. However across from the farmhouse on the same land was another building which had about 20 bunk beds. It wasn't An Oige Hostel. Any ideas. Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The german soldiers graveyard?

Somewhere near Glencree?

http://www.glencree.ie/site/visitor_centre.htm

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Yeah I looked at that site it didn't mention anything about the farmhouse I was staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

deelite wrote: »
    Yeah I looked at that site it didn't mention anything about the farmhouse I was staying.
    was it the german soldiers graveyard though? If it was then thats in glencree

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement