Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Dre vs RZA

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Who do you think is the best producer. I know Dre is almost universally regarded as the best producer ever but id go with RZA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Commercial success = Dr Dre

Personal taste = The RZA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

rza, hands down.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

RZA are great if you're narrow-minded, into taking drugs have a propensity to drop out of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

yutta wrote: »
    RZA are great if you're narrow-minded, into taking drugs have a propensity to drop out of college.

Utterly utterly worthless post that stinks of a troll. And what does 'RZA are great' mean exactly? Look up the rules before you post again, **** grammar and trolling are against them.

OP, RZA hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

Orizio wrote: »
    Utterly utterly worthless post that stinks of a troll. And what does 'RZA are great' mean exactly? Look up the rules before you post again, **** grammar and trolling are against them.

OP, RZA hands down.

Not sure about the comma after the "again" there chum. And you a mod! Tut, tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

RZA without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Id pick the chronic over 36 chambers though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

RZA, nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

'The 18th letter, followed by the mark of Zorro, Plus A, not for apple but i pack an apple'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

yutta wrote: »
    Not sure about the comma after the "again" there chum. And you a mod! Tut, tut.

Not sure about trolls there chum. And now your banned! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

An example of The RZA's undoubted genius:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Love them both but I reckon RZA is more consistent and it seems like he does an awful lot more work than Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

as much as i like RZA i think dre just edges it, on saying that im not liking much of dre's new stuff at all, the few songs he has produced for em and 50 have been very under-par aswell as the under pressure track and various other tracks i heard from bishop lamont etc.

i think the two have completly different sounds to be honest, hard to compare in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

RZA razor, RZA razor sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

in the last few years, Rza.

Saying that, I think if you look back at overall influence and effect on music, Dr Dre has had the more "significant" career. He fundamentally changed Hip-Hop twice, in ways nobody else has.

The chronic is above anything anybody else will ever produce, just for sheer originality and impact.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

floggg wrote: »
    in the last few years, Rza.

Saying that, I think if you look back at overall influence and effect on music, Dr Dre has had the more "significant" career. He fundamentally changed Hip-Hop twice, in ways nobody else has.
    ]
    The chronic is above anything anybody else will ever produce, just for sheer originality and impact.
    You could probably say the same about RZA and 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Tical. RZA certainly had a significant impact with those.

Not taking anything away from Dre with The Chronic, also a dope record

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Yes, each of those was significant in their own right.

but they didn't have the same impact sonically or culturally as either the Chronic, or Dre's work with N.W.A.

Again, not to take away from Rza, he's a genius. I just don't think his impact is comparable.

floggg wrote: »
    Yes, each of those was significant in their own right.

but they didn't have the same impact sonically or culturally as either the Chronic, or Dre's work with N.W.A.

Again, not to take away from Rza, he's a genius. I just don't think his impact is comparable.
    Agreed that the Chronic and Straight Outta Compton both changed the face of things, but 36 Chambers also had the same impact albeit in a different era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I'd personally think they're equals due to the amount of quality production they've put in over the years.

But if I had to make a chocie it'd be RZA, because by all indications Dre has fizzled out in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Dr Dre is a legend and one of the best hip hop producers ever, but for my money RZA is the best

36 Chambers
    Tical
    6 Feet Deep ( I'm pretty certain RZA executively produced this )
    Return To The 36
    OB4CL
    Liquid Swords
    Ironman
    Wu Tang Forver

Add on RZA's solo albums, movie soundtracks, and the work he with other Clan members/rappers post 1997 and I think honestly don't think Dre is touching RZA - a lot of Dre's post Doggystyle work is ghostproduced too

• Advertisement
Advertisement