Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Swimming Championships 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Ha I love Markus Rogan's interviews. Tells it like it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Congrats to Grainne Murphy.....Anyone any links to a replay of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

04072511 wrote: »
    Only Irelands 2nd ever medal at a major long course championships, after Gary O'Toole's silver in 1989.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Kevski wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I don't recognise Smith's medals.

Grainne came 12th this morning in the 400m Free and misses the final. Tired I'm sure after a long hard week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

04072511 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't recognise Smith's medals.

Grainne came 12th this morning in the 400m Free and misses the final. Tired I'm sure after a long hard week.

Yup. Her 400m split in the 800 final was faster than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

mad m wrote: »
    Congrats to Grainne Murphy.....Anyone any links to a replay of it....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=106221496

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Was away for the past weekend. Luckily I managed to see the 1500m final on TV. Fantastic performance, well done Grainne.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Congrats to Grainne Murphy, great swimming altogether......Btw does anyone know what's happened to Aisling Cooney? Was a young swimmer at Beijing 2 years ago and would have expected her to be on the team at the Europeans? Is she injured maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Great to see our swimmers doing well, well done to the whole team.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

I think Aisling Cooney is injured. But I am not certain.
    Her coach was ill recently and she moved to the High Performance Centre in Limerick to train until he got better. He is now better and she has moved back to Dublin to train with him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

RTE have an hour long OB Sport programme on the European Swimming Championships.

Available, here, on the player until Mon 6th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swim trainer

swim2 wrote: »
    There are another few to watch out for in the years to come, Syrenika Mc Mahon from Ulster(Leander Swim club I think & dont quote me on the spelling of her first name!!) and Shauna Smith who moved from Germany to train in Limerick (one of her parents is Irish and the other German-not sure which and she grew up in Germany so its a big move to make) who both have good potential.
    Syrenika broke some Irish records at the Euro Junior championships this summer(some set by Grainne Murphy last summer) so the future is very bright for Irish swimming...
    shauna father is irish and is swim trainer in berlin germany, training young swimmers very successfully for years her mother is german

Advertisement