Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Cloyne 0-14 Blackrock 0-13. GET IN

very close but il take it lol! are you heading to the st faithleachs game?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Sonnky that kind of post is no good to no man. I'd like to read a sensible well thought out post on reasons why you believe a team will win like who's at home, what kind of pitch it is, league form, previous championshop result if applicable, any county players, injuries/emmigration of players, history between the two clubs playing etc etc.

Please dont post here again if your going to continue making what appear to be random selections...

EDIT: Just seen your post there, that's more like it!

get with the times haa

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

dotsflan wrote: »
    very close but il take it lol! are you heading to the st faithleachs game?

Hmmmm unsure yet, might go for the 2nd half, dont want to pay in :p. It all depends if i can get a lift, no car this weekend. Either way i'll get the result up on here straight away.

Hmmmm unsure yet, might go for the 2nd half, dont want to pay in :p. It all depends if i can get a lift, no car this weekend. Either way i'll get the result up on here straight away.

thats grand! fingers crossed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cmartymayo

Great thread boys, delighted I found this. Intend to use it a lot more over the coming weeks.

Update from Sligo games. St Johns won, I think it was 16-9. At half time in the other games tourlestrane were leading 8-4 and eastern harps were leading 1-9 to 0-0.

Anyone know the result from the abbeylara game?

• Advertisement

cmartymayo wrote: »
    Great thread boys, delighted I found this. Intend to use it a lot more over the coming weeks.

Update from Sligo games. St Johns won, I think it was 16-9. At half time in the other games tourlestrane were leading 8-4 and eastern harps were leading 1-9 to 0-0.

Anyone know the result from the abbeylara game?

abbeylara only drew:(

Sorry lads for the delay, still waiting on the faithleachas result (have sent out texts) and the ros gaa website isn't updated yet.

Garrycastle lost by 5pts (no dolans playing :mad:)

Abbeylara only drew... so my accy is gone anyways :(

Sorry lads for the delay, still waiting on the faithleachas result (have sent out texts) and the ros gaa website isn't updated yet.

Garrycastle lost by 5pts (no dolans playing :mad:)

Abbeylara only drew... so my accy is gone anyways :(

i see faithleaches won:D

Verdict: St. Faithleachs by 4/5 pts

Hooray for me :p. St. Faithleachas 2-7 St. Croans 0-8

Well done anyone who won on the treble that is floating about on this thread (all i need know is a shamrocks win tomorrow :))

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

anyone have the result of the Abbeylara vs Rathcline game?

• Advertisement

noelpat wrote: »
    anyone have the result of the Abbeylara vs Rathcline game?

1-8 apiece

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

dotsflan wrote: »
    1-8 apiece
    Feck, thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

matt1958 wrote: »
    Gonna go with a wee double @ 2.02 stake €30

Cloyne @ 1.44
    St Faithleachas @ 1.40

Thanks for the info here and in coughlans log

Sweet two bets with Mr P two wins thank you very much:p! Sir Vival and Glanman big thanks lads look forward to more of your write ups and hopefully more of the same as today.. The days when i take money off Mr P are tasting alot sweeter :pac:

There's definately 2 (maybe 3) games on next week in ros that i'll be all over. Hopefully pp will again be kind with the odds. I'll write up a preview on tues/wed when the games are fixed.

Watch this space...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Barna won:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

gaatipstr wrote: »
    Offaly SFC Round 4

Walsh Island v Tubber - 4/7 - 7/1 - 13/8

Im putting my money on Tubber on this one. Walsh Island are the current Intermediate champions of Offaly and are doing well in there first season senior winning 2 and drawing 1. They have good forwards and a strong midfield but there backs arnt the strongest. Conceded 1-1 in injury time last weekend to the draw the match against one of the teams tipped for relegation. Tubber, altough were beaten well against Rhode last weekend, will be boosted by the return of there 2 u21 starts from america during the week. They have one of the fastest forwards in Offaly at the moment in Bernard Allen and i can see him posing real problems for D'Island defence if he gets the right ball in to him. This is a must win game for Tubber as a defeat will more or less leave them facing relegation so im tipping 3Pts win on Tubber at 13/8 and a 1Pt saver on the draw at 7/1

1-13 A piece. Hope anyone taking my advice put money on the saver of a draw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Well from 17 games I had 10 winners, 3 Draws and 4 Losers.............

Rather than harp on about the 10 winners, I'll concentrate on the one s I got wrong.

Mayo side Breaffy were my Nap of the weekend, they Drew 12-12, West Mayo getting a late equalizer. From reports Breaffy kicked close to 20 wides, had 70 percent possession and simply didn’t turn up but still qualify out of there group....if they did turn up I’m sure my prediction would have come through

St.Annes in wexford were a big letdown been beaten, haven’t got any report from the game but looking at results around Wexford things didn’t seem to go to plan down there, is Wexford unpredictable....Maybe so ? You know you've got a problem when u back a team (Cloughbawn) to win and they lose by 2-18 to 12 points.......previous points above about Wexford still hold valid.

Longford County Champions had a shock defeat and are now out....Didn’t back them but worth knowing, I had Abbylara....anyone any info on how they only managed a draw?

Corofin drawing was a little surprise, I do feel however that they will win next time around.....games like that can only inspire the good teams where there opponents generally feel like they left it behind them!

Looking forward to this weekend’s action.............hopefully a little more accurate!

Doing a crazy accumulator this week.

(1) Clara v Tullamore @ 3/10 . 13th august(TODAY) at 19:15

(2) Calry/St. Josephs v St Johns @2/9. 14th august at 17:45
    (3) Garrycastle v Mullingar Shamrocks @1/2. 14th august at 18:45
    (4) Cooley v St. Marys @1/5. 14th august at 19:00
    (5) St. Faithleachas v St. Croans @2/5. 14th august at 19:00
    (6) Abbeylara v Rathcline @1/4. 14th august at 19:30
    (7) Eastern harps v St. Molaise Gaels @3/10. 14th august at 19:30
    (8) St. Malachys v Mattock Rangers @1/10. 15th august at 17:30
    (9) Aghda v Duhallow @8/15. 24th august at 18:30
    (10) Ballyhassig v Erins own @ 1/3. 13th august 19:00
    (11) Clough/Ballacolla v St.Lazerians @1/33 14th august 19:00
    (12) Tullaroan v James stephens @1/3. 15th august at 13:30
    (13) Kilcotton v Portlaoise @ 2/9. 15th august at 18:00

(14) Graigue v Ballyhale Shamrocks @ 1/6. 15th august at 18:30
    (15) Killeagh v Sarsfields @1/5. 15th august at 19:00
    (16) Shamrock gaels v Geevagh @1/2. 15th august at 14:00

Winners in RED
    Losers in Blue

Three wrong in my accy. Not too bad i suppose considering i didn't know the dolans weren't going to be playing for garrycastle . Abbeylara drew.

Edit: Sars did beat killeagh (thanks glanman), eyes must have deceived me, so just got two wrong.

Bored at home so gonna do my previews of this weeks games now.

Sunday, 22nd august, Roscommon senior football quarter final

Elphin vs. St. Croans (will probably be 1/3, hopefully better odds though :rolleyes:)

Elphin seem to be the dark horses for the championship every year. There's no doubt that the talent is there but sometimes they just dont perform on the day. They currently have 3 county players (allbeit 3 subs) but all 3 have the potential to make ros' starting 15. Another interesting point to note is that all of the elphin players have represented the county at u-16 or minor or u-21 level which shows their footballing pedigree. Their form in the league has been quite consistent as they sit comfortably in the top half even though alot of these games were played without their county players. I've mentioned previously in the thread that they beat a highly fancied western gaels team in the 1st round of the championship and narrowly lost to ros gaels (0-7 to 0-5) in severe weather conditions so i wouldn't buy too much into that result.

Im not going to write much about St. Croans as i will only be repeating myself (if anyone wants to know what i think of them look back through the thread). However i will comment on their defeat to Faithleachas this week 2-7 to 0-8. Although i wasn't at the game, i heard faithleachas won at a canter (they were up 9pts at a stage and then started passing the ball around with no desire to get more scores) and croans rarely threatened. This shows to me a real lack of desire from croans aswell as poor footballing ability as if they won the game they could have topped the group leaving them a much easier quarter final fixture.

As it's the knockout stages now i expect elphin to step it up a gear.

Verdict: Elphin by 4/5 pts. (maybe more...)

Previews of 1 (maybe 2) more games to come. Odds wont be up on pp till thurs., maybe even fri. so giving ye plenty of time to mull over it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

Three wrong in my accy. Not too bad i suppose considering i didn't know the dolans weren't going to be playing for garrycastle and have no clue about cork hurling (just put in killeagh cus they were clear favourites with pp). Abbeylara drew.

sars beat killeagh and were 1/5, I'd say you did back them. That game was a lot closer than expected but favourites won

• Advertisement

True thats, Sars won 13 points to 11, unlucky, given not knowing about the Dessie Dolan............Reckon lads put the ceanns together and we could get some nice accums together!

Have a buddy involved in the Elphin v St.C next weekend......Reckon it'll be tighter then the prices suggest but Elphin should come through it.........

Ballymacnab v Killeavy

Im all over Ballymac Tonight...........

anyone interested in a read........

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f20/betting-armagh-sfc-1st-round-matches-640/

Clubmad wrote: »
    Have a buddy involved in the Elphin v St.C next weekend......Reckon it'll be tighter then the prices suggest but Elphin should come through it.........

Personally can't see croans getting more than 10/11 pts. Meanwhile elphin are a great team to get goals so only 1 winner here :P.

Next preview...

Sunday 22nd august, Roscommon senior footballl championship quarter final

St. Faithleachas v Roscommon gaels (prob 1/2 or 4/9)

Again i've talked about both of these teams in this thread... I'll just do a brief summary. Faithleachas are cruising in the league while ros gaels have already been relegated to the intermediate league (having won only twice). Faithleachs comfortably qualified for the quarters with an easy victory over croans (rested 3/4 of their starting team) while ros gaels sneaked through by virtue of scoring difference. The biggest difference between these two teams is scoring forwards, faithleachas have 5/6 while ros gaels will rely on 1 or 2 lads to score 10/11 pts. I believe that faithleachas backs are good enough to extinguish the threat posed to by ros gaels' scoring forwards. The pitch will also be an advantage to faithleachas as it's long and wide which will suit their running game and very pacy inside forwards.

I'd say it will be a close game but i can only see one winner.

Verdict: St. Faithleachas by 2/3 pts.

Ballymacnab v Killeavy

Im all over Ballymac Tonight...........

anyone interested in a read........

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/f20/betting-armagh-sfc-1st-round-matches-640/

Think i'll stay away from that match. There's no substitute for playing quality teams in div.1 which killeavy are doing (allbeit there not doing very well). Also i see they have stevie mc in their team, that alone is enough to make me stay clear. Nab may win but it's seems way too close to call.

You prob right about it been close but at 10/11 I think there's value there for a small single bet. Stevie McD from what I’ve been told basically rules that team and try’s single handily to win every game, apparently everything goes threw him and if stopped leaves the game well within Nabs reins.

I just thought I'd throw it out in case someone wasn’t aware it was on, giving Monday night Champo doesn’t happen too often

Ballynab won by 4, were 9 up at one stage and took foot off the pedal........NICE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

they won by 4?were 1-12 to 0-6 up at one stage i think.was it a case of taking the foot off the pedal or just a monster of a comeback.

this is a great thread,already made a bit of money over the weekend.ill put up some predictions for the cavan games when there put up.

Right here's my 3rd preview for this week...

Saturday ,21st august, Roscommon senior football relegation semi-final

St. Aidans v Kilbride (probably around 10/11)

Although i think this will be a tight, dogged affair, i can only see one winner. Aidans were unlucky not to make it to the quarter finals (knocked out by virtue of pts difference) having beaten a spirited kilmore team and losing to clann na ngael away from home. They have no stand-out stars but have a few nice forwards including county panelist terrance kelly who had a great club championship last year as well as some good league performances for roscommon.

The biggest problem kilbride have is that their star forward is abroad, i read somewhere that he scored 2-13 in a club game in the U.S. so that shows his scoring prowess. He guided them to victory over faithleachas in the 1st round but his absence in the 2nd round was visible when they lost to last years intermediate champions (St. Croans) by 8pts. Kilbride will also be without two starting backs who have both represented roscommon at minor and u-21 level. There physically strong but slow up the middle of the pitch with the two o'neills and two lohans and have a severe lack of pace at the back.

Kilbride were relegated two seasons ago while aidans are a seasoned championship team who know how to win in these kind of situations. Another a big factor in this game is the pitch, it's going to be played in the hyde (quite big...) this will suit aidans.

Tight but aidans to survive.

Verdict: Aidans by 2pts

EDIT: Forgot to mention the other two quarter finals
    (1) Kilmore v Castlerea. Im sure castlerea will be huge favourites for this with the bookies as they cruised through the group stages and are going for the 3-in-a-row. However they play a very unattractive style of football drawing a lot of players behind the ball and always win games by the narrowest of margins. There's a good chance that they might be stumped this week by a spirited kilmore team who work like dogs and have some nice forwards to punish castlerea. That's why i'm staying away from this fixture.

(2) St.Brigids v Clan na nGael. Under normal circumstances i'd back brigids as they are the better team by a fair bit. However clann somehow have home venue for this q/f and there is unrest in the brigids camp i.e. certain players not being picked etc etc. Also the reffing standard in ros football is poor and if donie shine is protected by the ref, clann may just sneak it...

I do like the St.Aidens bet for the sole reason that seasoned campaginers against newly promoted clubs nearly always win, narrowly but win noon the less.

There is 3 Clare Hurling Champo games on tonight aswell............i've been in touch with a clare fanatic and here are his comments summerised below:

O’Callaghan’s Mills v Whitegate
    This is a case of seasoned team verus last yrs inter champs, winner to qualify for place in the QF.....While he feels there wont be much between them and both doing well in there leagues O'Calls experience and cuteness will see them through.

It does seem a wee bit uncertain to me but for punter value at 4/7 im goig on it.

Ballyea v St. Joseph’s
    St.Joes for this one by a margin of 5-8 points. Ballyea are in relegation trouble but would be looking at there last game to be the realistic one of salvaging something from there season. St.Joes play a classy type of hurling and are priced at 1/4

Clonlara v Crusheen
    This is the interesting game of the night, with Clonlara been favs. It's basically winner takes the last QF place in the group. However, this seaons Crusheen have proved to be in flying form and there qucik pace and intensity shown in games this season may se them win this one, probably only 2/3 points. There 21/10 in PaddyPower.

I've also read up on the other 3 club games tonight, CIT to beat Bishopstown in the hurling at 1/3,Portlaoise to beat Crettcred @ 1/5 and in Tipp Hurling Killenvale to beat Carr Davins also @ 1/5......I dont know anything about these 3 games bar what i've read and all look like forgone conclusions so to bump me up im going with all 6 teams at a tasty 11/1 , basically im looking at this as an 11/1 shot on Crusheen who at actaully 21/10......

Feel free to stop me with Knowledge :)

• Advertisement

Clonlara v Crusheen
    This is the interesting game of the night, with Clonlara been favs. It's basically winner takes the last QF place in the group. However, this seaons Crusheen have proved to be in flying form and there qucik pace and intensity shown in games this season may se them win this one, probably only 2/3 points. There 21/10 in PaddyPower.

This is the only game that i'd have a bit of interest in. Crusheen are 3rd in the div.1 league while clonlara are rock bottom with only one win. Surely there is something were missing with crusheen @21/10. Might put something small on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement