Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie cookery course?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Interested in doing a veggie cookery course in North Wicklow or South Dublin for some new recipe ideas. Cooks acadmey is too expensive. Would have to be a weekend or evening course. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

hey! I would also be interested in this, my sister did the cooks academy 6 weeek course, but it's vey expensive! She enjoyed it but i don't think she's made one thing from it since then!

I'd love to do a wknd course if it was the right price, and not too many hippies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

any luck with finding a veggie cooking course?I always have my eye out for one but as yet haven't seen anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There be some ayurvedic cooking courses that are held at times in Dublin. Did one years ago. Was only for 2 days. It gave the principles of ayurvedic cooking along with some recipes to try at home. Don't know if they are still running. Will enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Blazing Salads in Dublin use to run evening classes but it's been a few years since I lived in Dublin so no clue if they still run them. It was ok but more of demo then a cooking class where they cooked, you helped a little but mainly watched and ate the food at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

That reminds me... Cafe Fresh run them. If you check their website it might have something. Or email them :)

• Advertisement

thanks sweet rasmus, yep it looks like they do have classes, and you can go once off, which appeals to me. They've not got current/future ones up tho so i've banged them a quick mail, they might have stuff coming up in autumn maybe:D

They are really good about correcpondance with customers :) And I love their facebook - there are often photos of the latest dish they cooked posted up. Yum!

I'll let you know when they reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Any word back from Cafe Fresh yet? Nothing on the website with future course dates so far...

well, i just mailed them once, but i've heard nothing since! maybe they're on holidays :D if/when they come back to me i'll post details

• Advertisement

Thanks, there hasnt been any twitter updates from Fresh since the start of August so maybe Mary is away alright. I can't seem to find any veggie cookery nights online (other than cooks academy which is just too dear)! :(

For anyone around the Galway area interested in this, came across this webpage and there are some classes coming up

http://www.wholefoodmatters.com/

Cafe Fresh cookery nights are starting in October (link). Saw it as a Facebook update.
    Winter Course

4 Week Vegetarian Course
    special diets, allergies and nutrition an intrinsic part of each class.

Each Tuesday Evening from
    5th October – 26th October 2010
    7.00pm -9.30pm Cost: €140.00 or €40 per class

All enquiries to Mary at Café Fresh
    01 – 6719669 or email mary@cafe-fresh.com
    Booking deposit of €40.00 required to secure limited places (non refundable)
    Check out our facebook page for daily menu updates and more course details.

Cookery Course Outline 5th October- 26th October

Week 1: October 5th
    Butternut, Spinach & Coconut Soup Vegan, w, g, y, d, s free
    Spinach, chickpea and quinoa strudel with red onion relish Vegan, w,g,y,d s free Fig and Orange Madeira Cake w, d, free

Week 2: October 12th
    Smoked Paprika Butterbean & Braised Fennel Stew Vegan, d,w,y,g,s free
    Rice Salad with dried fruit and pomegranate Vegan, d,w,y,g,s free
    Plum, Pear and Apple Cobbler vegan, wheat free

Week 3: October 19th
    Carrot & Celeriac Salad, lemon & parsley dressing Vegan, w,g,y,d s free
    Puy Lentil & Vegetable Cottage Pie- Vegan, ,d,w,y,g,s,free
    Chocolate Beetroot Brownies wheat free

Week 4: October 26th
    Barley & Puy Lentil Salad with Parsley Pesto Vegan, w,y,d s free
    Almond and Coconut Vegetable Curry Vegan, d, w, g, y, s, free
    Baklava with sirop de rose

yeh, mary just emailed there tonight. A lot cheaper than Cooks academy, think i will try to go to one definitely

Thanks Sweet-rasmus. Got the mail this morning and am signed up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Tales from a Greek Kitchen, Friday 15th October 2010, 19.00 - 21.00, €35

If you've ever had Katarina's "Little" plate of sunshine,at the Dublin Food Co-op, this might be worth checking out - she's a star!

http://www.dublinfood.coop/html/news_events.html#greek_cookery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Would be v interested in doing this as well. Not sure if I can afford it atm though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ah **** it. Have decided to do it anyway :pac:

*signs up*

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

All things going to plan, I should be floating around on that night. I volunteer there a bit, at the mo. Peeps there are friendly and full of tips.

I was going to pipe up and say that surely, between the lot of us, we can find decent, short veggie cookery classes on YouTube and we could post those links online.

Like something from here ? Gonna watch the Toor Dal one at the bottom, cos an Indian veggie I met at a VSI meetup claimed this was their most meat substitute dal.

Advertisement