Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants - South East Wicklow

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can recommend any restaurants to eat out in that part of Wicklow? Roughly between Aughrim, Avoca and Arklow? And, also places that would be open mid-week as from experience I notice some places more often closed mid-week due to falling trade.

Thanks! Donagh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭donaghs

No ideas anyone? This thread has been handy:
    "Wicklow Restaurants - Have your say" http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055866073

But anything more specific would also be appreciated!:)

I think the Woodenbridge Hotel is one place that appears to come recommended?

You'll have to broaden your scope a little more as Arklow isn't famed for it's restaurants.
    The park is the only good one in the town...though there are a few aisan restaurants that aren't bad.
    So familiarize yourself with a local taxi company!

You could try marfield house on the courtown road in Gorey or [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IL Mulino in courtown itself.

I'm not too sure about the woodenbridge,it used have a good italian in a separate building by the river but it may have closed.
    You should ring them to see.
    I wouldn't be looking forward to their in house restaurant,I've heard it's not great.
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willard

Hi donaghs, theres a few that spring to mind;if you spin down as far as gorey there is kathy dalys & Eco, both good value & good food. where as if your looking for more daytime meals There is the stonecutter in aughrim i hear is nice & "The coffee Shop" in tinahealy which is quite a nice little place.

Advertisement