Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Ok well little background info. I'm male, just turning 19. I've I started being a veggie about a year and a half ago. Since i started I havent noticed any weight loss at all, in fact I'd been eating healthier and actually put on a little over the year. I've been at an average of 10.5 stone for a good while now and peaked at 11 last month which is pretty health considering my height, just 6 foot.

I've been doing more or less the same exercise and eating the same as always but over the past 3 or 4 weeks my weight has been steadily going down and is currently at just 9.5 stone.

I'm wondering if this could be the whole lack of meat finally kicking in and has anyone else had this experience? What's a good way of building up mass again without meat?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

When I became a veggie first I lost weight but it all went back on in the last year.
    Recently started watching what I eat and have lost half a stone again.
    Weight fluctuates, it doesn't have to have a reason. You could be stressed?

A sudden and rapid loss of weight like that for no reason, is something you want have checked out with the doctor.
    It isn't normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I didn't see the sudden part.
    To the doctor with you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing in our diet could be making you lose that much weight fast. As for food in general, protein, spinach, beans, eggs etc
    If you jsut want to gain weight, carbs and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Actually, if you look at the plant based nutrition boklet here. On page 2: "More
    concentrated foods such as oils, nuts, avocados and dried fruit can help to avoid
    unwanted weight loss."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

Also 9.5 stone for a 19 year old 6 ft male is very unhealthy

Advertisement