Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Young MCs' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Wiz Khalifa - been around a while now, but his newest album/mixtape is a signifcant step up in quality.

Curren$y - a cheat here, because this dude has been around for the best part of a decade and is nearly 30, but he left YM a while back, re-invented himself and is now my favourite indie MC:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Those first two lads have some delicious production. Videos are slick as well.

Only young fella I've heard of recently is Earl. He's pretty class. About 16 years of age. Amusing shock-rap video for this track as well.

http://vimeo.com/12056212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Gibbs rules. Womb 2 Tha Tomb was one of my favorite tracks last year.

Vado is pretty class. He's in Dipset now I think. Can't wait for their new album.

"Coke like Tiger Woods, fcuk with too much white"

• Advertisement

Not sure about Vado, nice flow, nice beat choice but he doesn't really stand out vocally. I'll check out his album anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lil' Ken aka Famous. To be honest I'm not sure which name he goes by but he's decent enough. He's signed to Chamillionaire's label and has been on a few songs and in some videos. He had his own mixtape sometime there the other year. Didn't get it but there's a few handy tracks off it

The next one is from Chamillionaire's own mixtape series but Famous takes the song himself and does fairly well on it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Big K.R.I.T

New Southern rapper that dropped a free album earlier this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glottal Mots

Those first two lads have some delicious production. Videos are slick as well.

Only young fella I've heard of recently is Earl. He's pretty class. About 16 years of age. Amusing shock-rap video for this track as well.

http://vimeo.com/12056212

I've been listening to Earl for the past week, his mixtape is ****in amazing, same with his crew's mixtape, both free to download here

http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/

Noz made a point about him that i agree with, that he's the first thing to come along and get me excited about hip hop again in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glottal Mots

Also Cory Gunz is pretty great, he's been making tapes and appearances for a while but no sign of a deal yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Orizio wrote: »
    Wiz Khalifa - been around a while now, but his newest album/mixtape is a signifcant step up in quality.

wiz.jpg
    In an MTV poll of over 200,000 voters, Pittsburgh emcee Wiz Khalifa was named MTV News’ Hottest Breakthrough MC Of 2010. In winning the poll, Wiz beat other finalists including Nicki Minaj,J.Cole,Travis Porter and Diggy Simmons.According to MTV, the voting was strictly limited to up-and-coming talent: artists could not have released a major-label album by June 21, 2010, disqualifying emcees such as B.O.B. and Drake from the voting. The announcement was made Sunday (July 25) on MTV2’s “Sucker Free Summit.”

Good stuff from Wiz K. They mentioned Diggy Simmons in there too. I think that he is going to be super large, he has a sick delivery and clever lyrics.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wax/Herbal T/EOM

Gonna tie all 3 of these guys together, they are all connected. Wax and EOM have released an album called Liquid Courage recently, it's quite a good album. The 2 never met and didnt until after the album was released. Wax until then produced for himself along with asists from Herbal T.
    EOM is also a well know beatboxer as well as beatmaker. here is a track from that album

Wax and Herbal T are twin brothers, Herbal T lives in Brazil which has an impact on them working together, both are super nice on the mic and hanle production together, they are both also accomplished musicians and play a variety of instruments. They are releasing a lot of vids on youtube now, some of which are dope as f*ck. Here's a few.

And this is the video that kinda got Wax noticed...

you'll have bom-bom-bomp-bom-bomma-ma-bom-bom repeating in your head after this

Trek Life, he's one to look out for. Although not exactly new on the scene, he had an album a few years back but is about to drop another.

I've been spending alot of time today listening to his stuff, really fresh and has production from Oddisse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Nesby Phips - Has a mixtape called "The Phipstape - Vol 1" doing the rounds for a good while now and had his profile raised with a few guest spots on a couple of Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y joints. Good to see that New Orleans hip-hop does not revolve solely around Cash Money ;)

Advertisement