Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:26pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Was up in a mates house last night, and he was preparing his tea when I arrived. He offered me a bacon sandwich, and I had to decline.

Why I hear you ask? Because he had 'cooked' it by placing it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, that's why!

now my preference is for cripy crispy, slightly burnt rashers from the grill, but from the pan is fine, and I've even lashed them into the over on occasion when it's already on and I fancy saving some time.

So what say you?
    Was I wrong to refuse this pale, wet offering? Have I committed some social faux pas, or is my progressive friend a man before his time?
    Is bacon always bacon, or is there a correct way to prepare the deliciousness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

While normally it's a sin to refuse bacon, I think in this case you were legally obliged to kill him....... and then fry the bacon......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Gaspode wrote: »
    Was up in a mates house last night, and he was preparing his tea when I arrived. He offered me a bacon sandwich, and I had to decline.

He's no friend of yours.
    Why I hear you ask? Because he had 'cooked' it by placing it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, that's why!

Yes. That is why. He disrespected the bacon. *shakes head sadly*

You did the right thing Brother Gaspode, you took personal responsibility and avoided moral hazard by embracing the hard, baconless path. I salute you. You must now spurn yore "friend" as you would spurn a rabid dog, until such time as he embraces the bacon in a manner which is acceptable to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If the fat isn't crisp it isn't bacon. OP I believe you should have kicked him hard in the testicles and,in the same movement,flick on the grill. Burn fatty burn(disco inferno)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Eh, it's still bacon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

smashey wrote: »
    Eh, it's still bacon. :cool:

When sullied by microwaves *spits* ... it is merely the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of bacon :(

I mean "Microwave Bacon" , it's an oxymoron like "Military Intelligence" or "Investment Property"

*shakes head sadly*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

SACRILAGE!!!!!:eek: Ive never even heard of people even doing that....its....incomprehensible!!
    Is suppose thats because i would never associate with someone who could disrespect Bacon like that.

jesus..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Can't believe someone would commit such a serious sin of microwaving bacon instead of frying it. It's just wrong, Wrong, WRONG!

Bacon needs to be crispy, not limp and chewy.

I think you can be forgiven for refusing the bacon in this instance.

Gentlemen,I had no bacon in the house this morning,however,I found some Turkey Rashers in the fridge. I grilled them and made a sandwich with them with lots of butter and ketchup. However,have I just turned into a girl for eating a substitute rasher with no fat on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So what say you?
    Was I wrong to refuse this pale, wet offering? Have I committed some social faux pas, or is my progressive friend a man before his time?
    Is bacon always bacon, or is there a correct way to prepare the deliciousness?

I firmly believe education is the key to the ills of our society.

Educate your friend, show him the error of his ways and if he doesn't listen, beat him with a frying pan.

That'll learn him.
    greetings wrote: »
    Gentlemen,I had no bacon in the house this morning,however,I found some Turkey Rashers in the fridge. I grilled them and made a sandwich with them with lots of butter and ketchup. However,have I just turned into a girl for eating a substitute rasher with no fat on it?

I too ate turkey rashers.

When I say ate, I cooked (no wimmins around), I tasted and I threw in the bin.

However, I live in a country where eating pork is forbidden.

What is your excuse? :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I firmly believe education is the key to the ills of our society.

Educate your friend, show him the error of his ways and if he doesn't listen, beat him with a frying pan.

That'll learn him.

I too ate turkey rashers.

When I say ate, I cooked (no wimmins around), I tasted and I threw in the bin.

However, I live in a country where eating pork is forbidden.

What is your excuse? :)

Well in my case my sister asked me would I like some rashers to which I replied yes. I went away doing macho things as I do and came back to a sandwich waiting for me,but,alas,no bacon,just the turkey rashers in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

greetings wrote: »
    Well in my case my sister asked me would I like some rashers to which I replied yes. I went away doing macho things as I do and came back to a sandwich waiting for me,but,alas,no bacon,just the turkey rashers in it.

Rookie mistake.

Hint: the clue is in the smell. They smell nothing like proper pork. More like sizzling salty plastic.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Rookie mistake.

Hint: the clue is in the smell. They smell nothing like proper pork. More like sizzling salty plastic.

I was missing a resounding smell of crispy,delicious burnt fat,that should have given the game away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Turkey rasher's have been banned from my plate, along with quorn sausages, and any other quorny stuff that Mrs G likes to eat from time to time".
    If anything, the turkey things are worse than microwaved bacon.

Turkey rasher's have been banned from my plate, along with quorn sausages, and any other quorny stuff that Mrs G likes to eat from time to time".
    If anything, the turkey things are worse than microwaved bacon.

Ah you can't compare turkey to quorn,no matter what form it is in.

Advertisement