Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival on in S. Wicklow tonight?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

Random maybe, but I'm in northwest wicklow and looking out across the lake right now I can see the clouds lit up by an orange light. Thought it might be a big fire over the hills on the horizon because the light isn't steady, but the pulations seem more like artificial light, that and the colour.

Only thing I can think of is a load of lights going on and off? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Where exactly are ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Lacken, near Blessington, looking roughly south.
    Seems ot have stopped anyway. Maybe it was just street lights coming on or something but it was pretty, whatever it was!

Edit: Didn't see your loc. In Lacken, looking towards the Valleymount isthmus. But the clouds were miles behind that from the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

joewicklow wrote: »
    Where exactly are ya?

North West Wicklow by the lake.Opposite the orange lights.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours. Please read the charter here before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I think that might be Knockenstocken.
    http://www.knockanstockan.ie/
    Mad little festival starting this Friday, I can only assume people are down there setting everything up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

It could be the lights from the army doing night training in the Glen of Imaal. The light I saw last night sounds exactly like your description.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, might have been Imaal. It's about right directionally at least.
    Don't think it could have been Knockanstockan, they're only 2 miles away from me and in the wrong direction.

Advertisement