Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professor Green - Alive Till I'm Dead

Options
  • 19-07-2010 10:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, it's out today, I "acquired" it about 20 minutes ago.

It's better than I thought it would be. There are the poppy tracks like Just be Good to Green and Need You tonight but then there are some animal tracks like Jungle (Feat. Maverick Sabre) and on the version I have there's a track called Crying Game with Mike Skinner.

Worth a listen or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seaneh wrote: »
    Ok, it's out today, I "acquired" it about 20 minutes ago.

It's better than I thought it would be. There are the poppy tracks like Just be Good to Green and Need You tonight but then there are some animal tracks like Jungle (Feat. Maverick Sabre) and on the version I have there's a track called Crying Game with Mike Skinner.

Worth a listen or two.

Good to see people trying to keep hip hop alive :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Good to see people trying to keep hip hop alive :rolleyes:

Seeing as he was never a Hip Hop emcee to begin with you can't really fault his use of electro and grimey/dubsteppy beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I had a cursory listen. I think it's more designed to launch a few singles rather than be listened to back to back. He's got such a nasal delivery I think that's probably the best bet. Jungle is excellent. Looking forward to hearing Maverick get a shot at the big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ksri

maverick deserves a shot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

has mav signed to a label?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Have to say I haven't heard all of the latest album but having heard the pop tunes I'm not sure I'll bother.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I prefer this stuff:

I love Cores' verse on upper clapton dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Jay Ru wrote: »
    has mav signed to a label?

He's signed to Plan B's label. Great position for him I'd say. He was support on Plan B's UK tour. Judging by his Twitter he's doing a ton of festivals this summer as well.

Jasus.. I see he got a bit of dental work done before his major label debut.

He's signed to Plan B's label. Great position for him I'd say. He was support on Plan B's UK tour. Judging by his Twitter he's doing a ton of festivals this summer as well.

haha, yeah. Have you never seen his jumpoff battles? 99% of everyone esles lines about him are "you're tall and skinny and have bad teeth".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I aquired this album during the week. I like it a lot. It's a different sound and it's fresh. Pro has a good delivery and some witty word play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Fair play to him, he says in Before I die:
    'I wanna get my teeth straightened, to make me more handsome' :)

Looks like that's one thing from the list ticked off.

I have to say, I'm loving the video for Need you Tonight and the song is actually growing on me too! ;)

Advertisement