Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's official - drinking with drinkers makes you drink more

Options
  • 18-07-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

From Wired magazine: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/07/alcohol-social-gene/
    Individuals who inherit a particular gene variant that tweaks the brain’s reward system are especially likely to drink a lot of alcohol in the company of heavy-boozing peers.

So, is the answer to this drinking alone? Or drop a few friends?

Or, in true BGRH style, invite all your friends around and drink even more than you normally would?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Or, in true BGRH style, invite all your friends around and drink even more than you normally would?

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I cannot see the appeal of drinking. Who wants to get hammered and then at the end of the night get a big dirty meaty burger?
    It was my birthday the other day and I had two of my girl friends over and we watched Confessions of A Shopoholic,had a salad washed down with lots of water,it was so filling!

greetings wrote: »
    I cannot see the appeal of drinking. Who wants to get hammered and then at the end of the night get a big dirty meaty burger?
    It was my birthday the other day and I had two of my girl friends over and we watched Confessions of A Shopoholic,had a salad washed down with lots of water,it was so filling!
    You do realise this is BGRH?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Banned.

smashey wrote: »
    You do realise this is BGRH?

Lol,yes I do indeed,see my other posts,that was sarcasm :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

there is but one way to test this...have a beers and see if we all get drunk

Splinter wrote: »

Well if that isn't a good idea I don't know what is. Perhaps we could end it with a curry cheese chip and a chicken fillet burger with red sauce,onions,cheese and bacon? Hold the lettuce and mayo please,as I don't like men.

Well if that isn't a good idea I don't know what is. Perhaps we could end it with a curry cheese chip and a chicken fillet burger with red sauce,onions,cheese and bacon? Hold the lettuce and mayo please,as I don't like men.
    That post was almost perfect but you ruined it with mention of the greatest evil known to man...

Cheese :mad:

That post was almost perfect but you ruined it with mention of the greatest evil known to man...

Please tell me that you were attempting to make a joke. A joke which makes me sweat and worry,rather than laugh :(

Banned.

• Advertisement

Banned.

Oh, wait......

*shakes fist ad Admin status*

:mad:

Please tell me that you were attempting to make a joke. A joke which makes me sweat and worry,rather than laugh :(
    No, it is common knowledge in here that I hate cheese. Therefore it is the most evil food known to man. :D
    Banned.
    Pfft, n00b. :p

No, it is common knowledge in here that I hate cheese. Therefore it is the most evil food known to man. :D

Pfft, n00b. :p

I've said it before,there are a few things in life that make anything better.
    Cheese,bacon and caramel. Melted cheese on a burger is one of those rare occassions where I jizz in my pants without any stimulation. The other time is when Elton John....I joke.

I've said it before,there are a few things in life that make anything better.
    Cheese,bacon and caramel. Melted cheese on a burger is one of those rare occassions where I jizz in my pants without any stimulation. The other time is when Elton John....I joke.
    You need help. Cheese is bad enough but Elton John????

This forum has now reached a new low. :pac:

You need help. Cheese is bad enough but Elton John????

This forum has now reached a new low. :pac:

So what do you have if you want a cheese sandwich?:confused:
    Or a cheese string? :confused:
    OR A PIZZA :eek:

Ano,I don't like Elton John as much as I like George Michael,Freddie Mercury or Will Young.

lolololololololololol

So what do you have if you want a cheese sandwich?:confused:
    Pork
    Or a cheese string? :confused:
    Pork
    OR A PIZZA :eek:
    Pork

Ano,I don't like Elton John as much as I like George Michael,Freddie Mercury or Will Young.

lolololololololololol

Does not compute. :confused:

Pork

Pork

Pork

Does not compute. :confused:

But what if you wanted melted cheese on the pork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tom can I take Greetings down to the cellar for re education, please?
    Pretty please, I am sure the new sound proofing needs to be tested properly.

I think drinking with drinkers makes you drink more due to the rounds system and that we find it hard to make a fuss and refuse hospitality and we seem to tink that everything is better with a few drinks, and for the most part it is.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Tom can I take Greetings down to the cellar for re education, please?
    Pretty please, I am sure the new sound proofing needs to be tested properly.

Please do. I just can't cope with any more talk of non-drinking and the like.

Actually, take smashey down there with you and give him a cheese sandwich.

No, that is not an euphemism for something deranged.

Please do. I just can't cope with any more talk of non-drinking and the like.

Actually, take smashey down there with you and give him a cheese sandwich.

No, that is not an euphemism for something deranged.
    In the cellar with Thaed?

Cool \0/

• Advertisement

In the cellar with Thaed?

Cool \0/

Blue Stilton or Camembert?

Blue Stilton or Camembert?
    Pork

Pork

Ok, we can do that.

Hickory or Maple?

Hickory.

Smashey have you ever tried Cahil's Porter?

pakg.gif

Smashey have you ever tried Cahil's Porter?

pakg.gif
    Irish cheddar with porter. :eek:

Two things here, and in this case two negatives do not make a positive. I detest porter almost as much as I detest cheese. :cool:

Aw yes I get to go to a cellar. Will I get my hole there?

There is a nice damn old well I can put you in and put the heavy cast iron grate on once you in, the slops trays drain into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Splinter wrote: »

August! :D

• Advertisement

There is a nice damn old well I can put you in and put the heavy cast iron grate on once you in, the slops trays drain into it.

I'm afraid the effort of getting there is ruling me out. However,if you could come back with some food and drink I would happily share it with you.

Advertisement