Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request or plea

Options
  • 16-07-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

To those of attending the bray summer fest over the coming weeks please keep in mind that some people live in the area.

Thanks

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

...and .............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

What do you mean? Like keep it down? I am sorry but you are not going to be able to keep the entire beach quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

I used live on the prom. The problems were a bit more than just noise that is unavoidable as one poster says.

We had really inconsiderate behaviour at certain times of the year; 'watering' the flowers and 'courting' in the garden were about the most unpleasant.

We moved, and this kind of behaviour were among the reasons. Lucky enough that we hadn't lived there very long and didn't feel sentimental about leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dear festivalers,

PFO

Regards
    Residents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Charming.

Dear People who are bringing in money into the town and spending it in local businesses, take your money else where. Why not spend it in Dun Laoghaire at the Festival of World Cultures.... or at the CArlsberg Comedy Festival..... or the Galway arts festival.

Don't come to look at the town. Or the beach. Or all Angels. Or the artworks. Don't bring your kids out to enjoy the bike race or the workshops.

We don't want you in Bray!! Stay away and keep your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Charming.

Dear People who are bringing in money into the town and spending it in local businesses, take your money else where. Why not spend it in Dun Laoghaire at the Festival of World Cultures.... or at the CArlsberg Comedy Festival..... or the Galway arts festival.

Don't come to look at the town. Or the beach. Or all Angels. Or the artworks. Don't bring your kids out to enjoy the bike race or the workshops.

We don't want you in Bray!! Stay away and keep your money.

Couldn't agree more. People from Bray are always on giving out that Bray is dying and there is nothing to bring people into Bray, then when they get People into the town they tell them to F off.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jesus you all need your knickers untwisting - The OP never said people were not welcome

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Couldn't agree more. People from Bray are always on giving out that Bray is dying and there is nothing to bring people into Bray, then when they get People into the town they tell them to F off.

No, they request that they behave with a bit of consideration for the residents... you know? Like decent people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Jesus you all need your knickers untwisting - The OP never said people were not welcome

I was responding to the request that "festivallers Please F*** Off"

I'd totally agree with the OP that people respect local residents (being a local resident myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Well, I wouldn't expect anyone to pay any more mind than they do at any other festival or event around the country.
    Nice sentiment and all, but a bit naive to think it will be heeded unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

aidan_mc wrote: »
    To those of attending the bray summer fest over the coming weeks please keep in mind that some people live in the area.

Thanks

A.

no...thank you,i had no idea there were houses with people living in them,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Have to say there was some very inconsiderate parking around Bray today for the Airshow. Was forced off the path on several occasions.

foxy06 wrote: »
    Have to say there was some very inconsiderate parking around Bray today for the Airshow. Was forced off the path on several occasions.

that's what happens when the facilities arn't up to scratch,where do you want them to park,get over it,it's a once off

Would you be saying that if one of my kids was hit by a car because some people don't know how to park? It wasn't where they parked it was how they parked. Covering the entire path is ok in your book??

Would you be saying that if one of my kids was hit by a car because some people don't know how to park? It wasn't where they parked it was how they parked. Covering the entire path is ok in your book??
    I'm pretty sure the incidence of people knocking over kids when they're parking on footpaths is actually pretty low.
    I can only speak for myself, but I always wait until the path is clear before driving my multi-ton vehicle onto it.

Dont really understand your post?? I'm complaining that the cars covered the entire path and i was forced onto the road with 3 kids??

Dont really understand your post?? I'm complaining that the cars covered the entire path and i was forced onto the road with 3 kids??
    Lol. I thought you meant that they were going to get hit by someone when they were parking on the path. :pac:

i hear ya,it's a once off,get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

aidan_mc wrote: »

Thanks

A.

Thats a very reasonable request.
    Unfortunately , as on Boards.ie there are lots of inconsiderate people visiting Bray.

Advertisement