Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chia Seeds

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

A recipe I want to make calls for Chia Seeds. Anyone have ANY idea where I can get these in Dublin?!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dunno, suppose try asian supermarkets/shops or here
    http://www.chiabia.ie/
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/06/61174006.html

Think they sell bags of em in health food shops, think they cost 16E in the health shop on Grafton. Or somebody in the nutrition forum said they get them for €3.35 for 100g in galway. They are €30 for 500g in Liffey Valley. 180gish in the health shop on Wicklow street for 3E. So hearing very mixed prices from what I have seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Thanks! I only want a small bag to try out... I want to soak them overnight with oats :)

Will try the Hopsack tomorrow, they might have some.

You shouldn't have a problem getting them, they seem to be the latest buzz health food.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What ever happened to poor aul goji berries :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

found em! 100g for €3.35 in the Hopsack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

They're pretty easy to get in health food shops these days but are pretty expensive! I have a jar of 'em at home that I sprinkle into granola etc when I remember.

Advertisement