Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone like Pot Noodle?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I've recently noticed that Pot Noodle, or at least the beef and tomato variety, is suitable for vegetarians. I knew they didn't contain meat but I assumed there would be some kind of animal fat in them. I also noticed that years ago the ingedients listed genetically modified soya as an ingredient but now it just says soya.

I just thought vegetarians might be glad they can eat Pot Noodle. I know it's not very healthy but at least there's no meat in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

:eek: i thought you were talking about me there for a minute:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I like the spicy curry one, never checked if it's suitable or not though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭Trampas

I use to love the chicken and mushroom years ago but now wouldn't touch them

Pot noodle is what convicted sex offenders and murders should be forced to survive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Keep it serious guys; this isn't AH.

sweet-rasmus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

As far as I know they're all veggie. Yeah I like most of them, but tend to get sick of them after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i used to like em but they are soooo not good 4 u

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

I'd rather eat cats mess. Pot noodles and it's clones are the ultimate in bad cuisine and laziness. It is recipe for illness with it's additives and the inability to properly process this bilge in the gut. The highly processed ingredients, so far removed from their original form cannot provide any nutrition - no matter what anyone will tell you.
    No - I am not a right or left wing weirdo - just a bloke who adores real food, correctly cooked and presented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I can honestly say that no one has ever tried to tell me Pot Noodle was healthy or provided any nutrition. Even the company that makes it admit it's not healthy. I think their slogan a few years back was something like "it's too tasty to be healthy".

I wouldn't eat it too often or anything. I bought my first two in ages the other night. I've eaten one and I'm not planning on eating the other for a while.

Anyway I just thought vegetarians who liked Pot Noodle might like to know they can still eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Yup they've always been veggie.

They're the only savory things left in the library shop after 10 pm so they remind me too much of exams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

koka noodles are waaaay better, never liked pot noodle yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The fact that it's meat flavoured but completely artificial puts me off. Thanks though.

Plus noodles kinda remind me of worms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I quite like pot noodles as a quick substitute for food. A tasty one!

Advertisement