Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone had any dealings with Cookstown cars?

Options
  • 10-07-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of buying a second hand car from Cookstown Cars in Tallaght. Has anyone had any experience of them? They offer low prices and a six month warranty but they aren't registered with SIMI and have only been there seven months. Does anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

You'd be better off posting this in the motoring forum

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

mcdub1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of buying a second hand car from Cookstown Cars in Tallaght. Has anyone had any experience of them? They offer low prices and a six month warranty but they aren't registered with SIMI and have only been there seven months. Does anyone know anything about them?

Your taking a massive risk with something which is probably the first or second most expensive thing you own. Especially in this Bust environment!
    I would only buy from an SIMI dealer!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

jock101 wrote: »
    Your taking a massive risk with something which is probably the first or second most expensive thing you own. Especially in this Bust environment!

SIMI isnt worth the paper its written on.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

SARASON wrote: »
    SIMI isnt worth the paper its written on.:(

Either is Arthur Daley Motors, that probably will be gone again its six month warranty is up!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

SIMI doesnt always mean a whole lot. I bought my ITR from a bloke down the road from where I work who sells a few import cars, and was spot on to deal with and very quick to fix a small problem I had with the car a few weeks after I bought it. Ive heard of some very big dealers (obviously SIMI registered) who are complete cowboys to deal with.

Approach any dealer with your eyes open, but dont write one off just because they are not SIMI registered, and dont trust a dealer just because they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Either is Arthur Daley Motors, that probably will be gone again its six month warranty is up!:eek:

Patience is a virtue.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 car owner

If the dealer goes broke, with an deposit you have already paid him, then it doesn't make a difference that he is in SIMI or not. The way dealers mention SIMI on their website or literature is designed to give you a feeling of security in these matters but SIMI provide no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yesman32

DONT DO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yesman32

Please everyone Don;t Do it, there

Ok, point made, no need to repost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement