Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiley drops 7 years and 10 GB of unreleased tracks for free

Options
  • 09-07-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I know there's a free tracks thread but I thought this merits it's own discussion.

Grime originator Wiley last night publicly announced on his twitter that he was firing his current manager. It was mostly due to the fact that grime has seen a resurgence this year and yet he's still struggling to get serious airplay in the way that Tinnie Tempah does. Wiley's solution? Flood the market. He's posted 11 zip folders of fully produced unreleased tracks and freestyles on his twitter for free download.
    Here's the Guardian article on the whole thing

I've only downloaded zip number 8 but it itself is 18 solid tracks and based on it alone I recommend downloading at least a portion of the collection. So feel free to talk about Wiley's move, shifting records, or just general grime chat here, ya get me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I love Wiley, absolute hero, himself and Marcus Nasty are reason enough to have a Twitter account.

Visionary producer, master MC, genius. He'll be studied like Shakespeare in years to come, mark my words.

All about the old sidewinder tapes... Slimzee lashing out the warplates, Dizzy and Wiles chatting fire...

Wiley murks Dizz on this one - full hour is on youtube, here's the first ten minutes of Side A:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fairly unreal amount of music there. Is it worth getting it all or is there some thats better than others

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Pussyole...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glottal Mots

Fairly unreal amount of music there. Is it worth getting it all or is there some thats better than others

It's a lucky dip because all the zips are a mix of rough cuts and polished tracks, so just pick a zip at random and download, i guarantee there'll be some gold on it

Advertisement