Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegetarian restaurant/cafe in galway city

Options
  • 09-07-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Heading to galway for a few days at the end of the month,has anyone any recommendations for veggie restaurants/cafes there?Have done a google search but haven't come up with much.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No specific veggie restaurant that I know of. Some are more friendly than others, but nothing worth plugging I guess.

Although I'm not sure if the Italian place down by the Garda station is veggie. Prob not. Food for Thought serves a vegan option if that is needed. Not really much down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

There isn't much. Bar No.8 on the docks started a very vegetarian friendly menu recently, there's a sample here: http://www.bar8.ie/eat.php
    I haven't actually tried it though!

If you're there at the weekend there's lots of veggie food to be had at the market on Church Lane (just off Shop Steet by St. Nicholas' Church): http://www.galwaymarket.net/ Falafel, curry, samsosa's and what have you. The falafel is very good and it's the same falafel they serve in Bar 8 above. Only two places you can get it in Galway!

La Salsa do a vegan burrito and assorted vegetarian mexican stuff. Nothing fancy mind! They're on Mainguard Street and Mary Street.

There's a good few vegetarian things at the aptly named Pizza and Pasta on Cross Street next door to Neachtains.

Couch Potatoes on Upper Abbeygate Street is good too, but only if you're really hungry, the potatoes are huge and they throw a heap of stuff on them!

I've been told Cava, a Spanish tapas restaurant on Dominick Street have good vegetarian options but I haven't tried them myself. Seems to be a popular place in general though.

If you like Indian, Tulsi on Buttermilk walk is good. Kashmir isn't bad either, don't know the street name but it's just off Fr. Griffin Road.

Actually, when I list them all out there's quite a lot :o
    Some of it's pretty pricey though, tis why I rarely eat out here.

Have fun on your trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I second La Salsa, absolutely delicious and at a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Thanks for all your tips-looking forward to trying them all!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Cava is amazing.

Advertisement