Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I was on black ops....then the xbox froze,be back in 15,no preference on the which cod.

Have you got Blops2?

I'm on that now with Seridisand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Eamonn you jerkface, buy some gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What ya playin?

black ops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Now, Skeeter, Jerkface ain't hurtin' nobody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'll be back soon.

Tease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Howdy ☺
    Just noticed this thread
    On xbox 360.mostly play gta but do play mw3 a good bit too.
    GT is tidyboii

Anyone up for a few games tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

x43r0 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few games tonight?

Should be on tonight for some (Blops/Blops2 or MW2)...until I get booted again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Seridisand wrote: »
    Should be on tonight for some (Blops/Blops2 or MW2)...until I get booted again :rolleyes:

I'll be on too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

And my axe

Seridisand wrote: »
    until I get booted again :rolleyes:

Rage quit by switching off your xbox you mean?

Anyone for some beta tonight? I have 2 codes if anyone wants one.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Anyone for some beta tonight? I have 2 codes if anyone wants one.

Yeah if the f*cker ever finishes downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah if the f*cker ever finishes downloading

Its brutally slow, took 15 hours to download for me on a fibre connection.
    Its like they're actively trying to make me dislike the game.

Its brutally slow, took 15 hours to download for me on a fibre connection.
    Its like they're actively trying to make me dislike the game.

Fibre here also - I went off for dinner to leave it download. Came back to 3% so I went out the the pub and came back 3 hours later to find it at 55%

I might not even get to play it tonight at that rate

Fibre here also - I went off for dinner to leave it download. Came back to 3% so I went out the the pub and came back 3 hours later to find it at 55%

I might not even get to play it tonight at that rate

yeah, I'm the same, Its on until sunday night I think so i'll suss it out at some stage.

TBH, I'm only downloading it to see if I like it or not, the last two games have done nothing for me, so if this is more of the same, I'll be keeping my money in my pocket. Its a gas state of affairs when BLOPS2 is the most requested backwards compatible game, just goes to show how good it actually is.

yeah, I'm the same, Its on until sunday night I think so i'll suss it out at some stage.

TBH, I'm only downloading it to see if I like it or not, the last two games have done nothing for me, so if this is more of the same, I'll be keeping my money in my pocket. Its a gas state of affairs when BLOPS2 is the most requested backwards compatible game, just goes to show how good it actually is.

I know what you mean. Ghosts and AW may as well never have happened

It took me about 40 min to download...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Makaveli wrote: »
    It took me about 40 min to download...

11 hours for me on fibre

I'm on now if anyone fancies a few games

well, after my first taste of that last night, I reckon I won't be buying, I'll give it another chance over the weekend but I cant see my mind being changed.

well, after my first taste of that last night, I reckon I won't be buying, I'll give it another chance over the weekend but I cant see my mind being changed.

What didn't you like about it?

What didn't you like about it?

I was hoping for a step back from wallrunning, double jumping, boosting, and all that craic, and a return to something more like The original Modern Warfare.

The likes of titanfall and destiny do that "enhanced mobility" do that stuff better imo, and it fits in better with their lore.

I just find the whole thing overly chaotic, as the other team can come at you from practically any direction. If the time to kill was higher it might not be a problem, but it still feels like whoever gets the first shot off is always going to come out on top.

I'll give it another chance over the weekend but it's coming off as too close to Advanced Warfare for my liking.

I was hoping for a step back from wallrunning, double jumping, boosting, and all that craic, and a return to something more like The original Modern Warfare.

The likes of titanfall and destiny do that "enhanced mobility" do that stuff better imo, and it fits in better with their lore.

I just find the whole thing overly chaotic, as the other team can come at you from practically any direction. If the time to kill was higher it might not be a problem, but it still feels like whoever gets the first shot off is always going to come out on top.

I'll give it another chance over the weekend but it's coming off as too close to Advanced Warfare for my liking.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed myself with the decision they made to go down the AW route in terms of movement etc., seems to be restricted to certain areas of the map though opposed to AW. I thought the maps in the beta had a much better flow to them compared to the maps in AW. To be honest I'm not too sold on it myself either at this stage.

I'm not a fan of the movement stuff either but what I will say is they have toned it down a good bit. I find it a lot more manageable in this game

What bugs me the most at the moment (and it could just be the learning curve) is the time to kill. If a guy sees me first I don't have a chance

The hit detection looks spot on though from the couple of hours I've played

What will make the game annoying for a lot of people early on will be figuring out the spawns. This is what gets you killed from all directions. My advice is just avoid TDM until you're more familiar with the maps. I almost gave up on the game but switched over to DOM and found it much more enjoyable as I wasn't getting shot in the back anymore

I'm not a fan of the movement stuff either but what I will say is they have toned it down a good bit. I find it a lot more manageable in this game

What bugs me the most at the moment (and it could just be the learning curve) is the time to kill. If a guy sees me first I don't have a chance

The hit detection looks spot on though from the couple of hours I've played

What will make the game annoying for a lot of people early on will be figuring out the spawns. This is what gets you killed from all directions. My advice is just avoid TDM until you're more familiar with the maps. I almost gave up on the game but switched over to DOM and found it much more enjoyable as I wasn't getting shot in the back anymore

The spawns and the connection were the two things I was trying to get a feel for but I didn't really get enough time on it to make a proper judgement on them, the connection was impossible to judge anyway because its a beta.

The spawns and the connection were the two things I was trying to get a feel for but I didn't really get enough time on it to make a proper judgement on them, the connection was impossible to judge anyway because its a beta.

Are you on ps4 eamonn? the menu in the xb1 beta has a ping / connection counter - I was getting a solid enough 26ms, thats very good, its on a level with titanfall which was using the microsoft dedicated servers.

• Advertisement

I've played one game, TDM and didn't find it bad at all. Granted I was in a party with Seridsand and Eamonn at the time on the 360 playing blops2 so had no sound but didn't think the spawns or the map was bad. You can't boost jump across the map in 5 seconds like AW and it's a treyarch game so the hit detection is going to be ropey at best when you factor in lag comp. You should die if someone gets shots on you first and they keep them on target. Blops 1 is bullsh*t for getting the first shots but the view kick when they fire back making you lose the gunfight even though you should have the advantage. Without a toughness perk the first to shoot should be winning the gunfight the majority of the time.

Advertisement