Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vale of Clara to Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

My fiancé and I are both starting college in September, him in Dun Laoghaire and me in Blackrock. Places are scarce around the area so we were thinking of commuting.
    We have found a really lovely place in the Clara Vale but really don't know how we would get from there to Dun Laoghaire/ Blackrock every morning and back every evening (we don't drive).
    Could anyone help please.... public transport solution needed!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Very little chance if you dont drive. There is the train from Rathrum but that would be a long long walk every morning and evening, it would also cost quite a lot for 2 people to get the train everyday, prob at least €100 a week so factor that into your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Even if you could get to the train everyday I never found it very reliable and as the last person said it is very expensive. You'd be better off renting in Greystones or Bray (Greystones has the Dart and Bray has the Dart and several bus routes to both Dun Laoighaire and Blackrock). If you aren't going to drive you really need the option of both train and buses. Clara is lovely and scenic but the appeal of the nice views wont compensate for the lack of public transport.

Advertisement