Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty-Free Beauty Salons/Beauticians?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but while it's not strictly about food, I figure veggies will have more info about cruelty-free than maybe other ppl.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of or used beauty salons in Dublin that have a policy of only using cruelty-free products.

It's great being able to get beauty products on the shelf, but in the event of needing a facial or wax, where do I go if I want to extend my cruelty-free consumer ethos?

Any ideas would be great!!

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

Just in case anyone else is interested, I finally found the name of the place:
    Lotus Beauty & Holistic, Blackrock & Dublin 1.

http://www.lotusbeautyandholistic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

salsagal wrote: »
    Just in case anyone else is interested, I finally found the name of the place:
    Lotus Beauty & Holistic, Blackrock & Dublin 1.

http://www.lotusbeautyandholistic.ie/

Hi salsagal,

I also avoid beauty salons and hairdressers because it is so hard to know which are cruelty free or not. I mostly use salons that use Aveda or Dr Hauschka* products and would be really interested to hear about any others.

Unfortunately the Aveda salons are now out of my price range and the last salon I went to that used Dr Hauschka I wouldn't recommend the salon itself.

How do you know lotusbeauty is cruelty free by the way?

* some but not all of Dr Hauschka products are suitable for vegetarians so I avoid the lipsticks and mascara's.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

Hey Weyhey,
    Sorry I never posted back to your query...didn't realise anyone had replied to my post:-(

Their website states (somewhere) that they use cruelty free products, plus I checked the sites of the various products they do use.

Having been to the Blackrock branch, I would have a mixed reaction to the service. I specified on the phone that I really was looking for skin-care / general product advice First, and a facial Second. However, (as I expected) all my questions about ingredients were answered by a 'sales pitch' about the stuff they stocked only! So while facial was nice, the info I sought was non-existent!
    But later got gel nails done there - by a different staff-member who was great at her skill, the nails were lovely, lasted ages, and design was cool too.
    I'd probably go back, but for treatments rather than advice:-)
    S.

Advertisement