Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Swan boats" in Arklow

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all was down by the river in Arklow today and noticed that there is quite a few of those swan boats things(similar to what used to be in mosney etc.) Just wondering if anyone has any idea if they are going to be put to use?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

As far as I know they are in use with a barrier in place at Poundacollie (just upstream and reputed to be `bottomless`) to prevent the swans from going any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

saw them yesterday, i thought they would be an attraction like the boats were years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that brings back memories, I remember them from years and years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

They're probably for the Seabreeze Festival next weekend, they have 'swan race' on the programme of events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

THey've been there for weeks and are in regular use. When they're not "open" they're tied up on the far bank. Was this where you saw them? I've passed by numerous times with people paddling about in them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement