If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

19 yr old Back to School Allowance?

  • 01-07-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

    My dad's on social welfare, disability to be exact. Do I need proof that I'm still in college when I send off the forms?:confused:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

    Yes, get a letter from your administration office, they'll do it on the spot for you if you call in.

    If you want it posted, you'll have to email or write a letter. I doubt they'd take a request over the phone

  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

    Ugh... thought so!, I assumed that they'd know that I was still in education:(

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

    Are you going into 2nd year of college?
    And you are renewing your grant, is that correct?

    From my experience, my parents were farmers so we had to apply every single year even though the course was for over a year.
    Apply in August and be lucky to get your grant by the following January :rolleyes:

    Maybe it's different if you are PAYE or on benefits but better to send in the forms then not to.