Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So your fav albums of the first part of 2010?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭

What it says on the thread title.:eek:

I shall say Dessa Dometree A Badly Broken Code.:eek:

Beautiful album from P.O.S's other half:eek:

What has floated your boats and stuff. :eek:

Name and shame what you have been bumping loving this year...:eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I love the Dessa album, very refreshing. But she's not P.O.S's other half, the used to bump uglies a while back but not together now.

The other ones i'm digging are:
    Homeboy Sandman - The Good Sun
    Eternia & Moss - At Last
    Big Boi - Sir Lucious Leftf....
    The Roots - How I Got Over
    Freeway & Jake One - The Stimulus Package
    Guilty Simpson - OJ Simpson
    WuMassacre
    Sage Francis - li(f)e
    Shad - TSOL
    E-40 - Revenue Retrieving Night Shift
    Those Chosen - 5ive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glottal Mots

The album I've been pumping the most this year is easily BIG K.R.I.T - K.R.I.T Wuz Here. Country rap made in the east coast crate digging tradition, just class production on all the tracks. It was released for free download as well and I'm pretty sure K.R.I.T got a deal out of it (makes sense due to the buzz going about).

other stuff i've been feeling
    Royce - Bar Exam 3
    Daru Jones - So Good Ep
    (the last one doesnt really fit the thread, it's a beat ep in a real dilla sort of style but I've listened it so many times I thought it should get a shout out. Free streaming and download from his bandcamp here
    http://darujones.bandcamp.com/album/daru-jones-feat-kissey-asplund-so-good-pd-ep

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Roots, Shad, TiRon, Styles P/Green Lantern, Wiz Khalifa and Big Boi mainly. Aloe Blacc, Kidkanevil and Flying Lotus for borderline Hip-Hop stuff.

Looking forward to new Curren$y soon!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The album I've been pumping the most this year is easily BIG K.R.I.T - K.R.I.T Wuz Here. Country rap made in the east coast crate digging tradition, just class production on all the tracks. It was released for free download as well and I'm pretty sure K.R.I.T got a deal out of it (makes sense due to the buzz going about).

Havent heard much of him but he sounds pretty good. If anyone is interested, there is a good review and link to wuz here on this page:

http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/07/06/big-k-r-i-t-k-r-i-t-wuz-here-review-sticky/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Yea, been meaning to check out the krit album. Heard hometown hero the other day and was impressed. Not what I was expecting at all from a mississippi artist. David banner being my only reference point, I was expecting it to ber more like a pimp than cadillac on 22s (banners first was also quality).

anyway, my top album so far is a no brainer, damian marley and nas - distant relatives. I would be very surprised if I wasn't saying the same come december.

After that, in no particular order is big boi, freeway and jake one, the roots, and maybe reflection eternal. want to check out the rest of roc marciano as well, liked what I heard so far.

I also forgot B. Dolan's Fallen House Sunken City from my list earlier, quality album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Il add in Distant Relative's, Sir Luscious and the the Plan B album, if it counts. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Glottal Mots

Yeah the big boi album is sick as well, I'm glad i stayed away from the individual track leaks before I got it.

Advertisement