Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Guitars to Rent?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone knew of any reliable music shops that rent bass guitars? I rented a bass last week from ************** for a day for a studio but it turned out it had faulty wiring and ended up costing us studio time and of course money! Im looking for something with a really fat, thick, deep tone not really into springy type basses- musicman etc. ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oscas

I rented a bass last week from ************** for a day for a studio but it turned out it had faulty wiring and ended up costing us studio time and of course money!

Hey, we also rented from these guys (************), a Strat. The thing wouldn't stay in tune for more than a few bars, we spent a whole lot of studio time and money trying to get it to play a few simple chords and in the end we couldn't use it at all.

When I told the guy from the hire he point blank told me that we got it wrong, that their gear is quality. He said he'd get the guitar guy to check it out and the guitar guy said it was playing perfectly and there was no way we were getting a refund. Obviously the fact that 2 experienced guitarists and an experienced engineer said otherwise didn't seem to matter.

We eventually got most of our money back but I will never use these guys again. Aging musicians with dull ears and large egos don't make good hire companys.

I would love if anyone could recommend a decent place to get quality reliable gear...

Guys,
    We can't allow "naming and shaming" on this forum. It puts boards.ie in dodgy positions.

This is frustrating for the mod team as well, but boards.ie is a private website. Once you post, you publish, it's in the public domain.

People have to be protected as well. If (for example) I worked in "BC Music", and started ranting against a local competitor, "TC Music" it wouldn't be right. Especially if TC Music were unaware about what was being said against them.

So, I have to edit out the name of the company from your post.

I've just posted a series of rants about Simply Electronics for similar reasons (the name wasn't blocked by boards.ie), how can readers be made aware of poor quality services if you can't mention the name. Others just end up falling into the same trap as me, no point in posting about poor service if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

A focus on positive experience would be the way forward to inform people about reliable services. If you're gonna ask about rental services, don't bring up negative experience, just ask first and see what comes up. It's in our nature to complain, and a post on negative experience will prolli get more traffic, and as above there's two negative experiences with the one shop. These could well be isolated experiences in fairness to the shop in question, but a post like this reflects 100% negative on the shop in question, which could represent a problem for boards.ie and no one wins in the end.

If a post is worded properly it should be entirely acceptable to name the shop in order to inform people of potential problems without anyone getting too riled up. For example: 'Does anyone know of any reliable rental shops? I'm aware of *shop* but was looking for other options'. In the breadth of human experience though this is never going to become the norm.

Does anyone know of any reliable rental shops? I'm aware of Sensible Music but was looking for other options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Contextually speaking this may prove unacceptable.....

Advertisement