Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends baby died

• 25-06-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just dont know what to do....my friends baby died at birth, it is so so sad, I dont know how to cope, I am very close to her and I gave birth 2 month before her poor Liam passed away.

I ring her everyday and call down, I dont know how I wud cope, she seems to be getting on with it, having more better days now than before, how do I let her know I want her to know I am here for her forever. It is so so so sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess that it's particularly personal given that you had your baby so close in time to your friend.

There is no checklist of 'what to do' but you are a brilliant and supportive friend. You call ( it's not unusual for people to avoid you), you talk about your friends baby, and you acknowledge him to be a person.

Just because it was your friends baby who passed away does not mean you can't be floored by this. You may benefit from speaking to someone about this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about your friend's baby, it's so difficult when a baby dies. My aunt lost a baby at 7 months a few years back, it was actually my mother not me that she spoke to a lot but one thing I remember was that my aunt said she cherished the few photos she had taken of her baby and that it broke her heart to know nobody wanted to see them, she was still proud of her baby and obviously wanted people to acknowledge her and talk about her. My mother looked at the photos and it made my aunt so happy, so I would just say that if she has photos look at them, tell her the baby's beautiful, all the regular things you do with baby photos.

Other than that all you can do is listen, just let your friend know that you are there whenever she needs to talk.

Advertisement