Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is nothing sacred when it comes to burgers

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Just when you thought you had tried everything - Lion Burgers.
    Offering up lion burgers as a tribute to the World Cup in South Africa is getting a Phoenix valley restaurant into controversy.

But this is the part that gets me:
    The Il Vinaio restaurant in downtown Mesa has received a bomb threat and around 250 e-mails from animal rights activists after it
    announced it would offer lion as a special to honor the soccer tournament.

Crazy tree-huggers. Do the world a favour and get a job. And a haircut.
    The restaurant is offering the lion burgers at $21, served with spicy homemade chips and roast corn on the cob.

Why do they have to go and spoil everything with vegetables?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Surely corn on the cob can be noted as a manly vegetable..... taking old of it with your big manly hands and ripping it apart like a lion would with his prey?? (see what I did there??) :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ChewChew wrote: »
    Surely corn on the cob can be noted as a manly vegetable..... taking old of it with your big manly hands and ripping it apart like a lion would with his prey?? (see what I did there??) :D
    It also is served with butter. Lots of butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

ChewChew wrote: »

I can tell you a story about corn. You wouldnt touch it again. Its a bitch vegetable

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I can tell you a story about corn. You wouldnt touch it again. Its a bitch vegetable
    Realistically, nothing would out me off my food. nothing. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Corn on the cob is gay because it sounds gay

*loves corn on the cob*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had pineapple on my burger today. No lion burger though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I won't hold it against anyone that enjoys corn on the cob. If a vegetable can be served in KFC,then it's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Its just a delivery system for butter and salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Corn on the cob is gay because it sounds gay

*loves corn on the cob*

Was it just me or did anyone else read this guys sentances in a Joe Quimby(mayor of springfield) voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Columc wrote: »
    Was it just me or did anyone else read this guys sentances in a Joe Quimby(mayor of springfield) voice?

Just you I think I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Dusty87 wrote: »

Err... is that the one about the piece of sweetcorn on somebodys helmet?

Advertisement