Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TranAtlantic A320's at Shannon

Options
  • 16-06-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

This week some Airbus A320's have made some long range ferry flights from and to Shannon.
    On Tuesday evening Air Jamaica's 6Y-JAI departed Shannon on a direct flight to New York's JFK airport following maintenance with Shannon Aerospace. The following evening sister ship 6Y-JMG arrived direct from Kennedy airport also for maintenance with Shannon Aerospace. This aircraft has an Irish interest in that four years ago ir was operated by Eirjet as EI-DKG in the basic colourful Air Jamaica colours - my photos amazingly show both arriving at Shannon in virtually the same on final approach.

Kuwait's Jazeera Airways is downsizing its A320 fleet and 9K-CAG arrived in Shannon via Istanbul on Tuesday for an overnight crew rest before departing across the ocean direct to Boston for storage in the USA.

Photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair

Click on image to enlarge and select "all sizes" for the even bigger picture

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Shanair I must say Im loving your updates from Shannon, keep em coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 1.21gigawatts

Thanks for that info Shanair. I worked on that aircraft while at Eirjet. It was actually a great machine, probably the most reliable in the fleet. Some great memories. Any idea where its going to considering Air Jamaica are no more?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

It's still Air Jamaica at the moment but dont be suprised to see them back in shannon soon enough for End of lease and a C check

I think Air Jamaica gets there maintenance done at Mexico City. The fact that they are sending the aircraft to Shannon suggests end of lease or handback. The initial sub lease contract to eirjet for the two aicraft was a 5 year deal which would have expired around now probably coinciding with the original air jamaica contract from the leesor. I would be suprised if the aircraft head back to the caribean.

they dont do a very good job of aircraft maintenance in mexico city,absolute ****e,they will be back for an end of lease,the checks that are there at the moment are 1c's,and 1 has already gone back into service

• Advertisement

Thats a shame, I hate to hear of bad maintenance, but the standard in SAL is excellent. I wonder if the whole fleet will pass through

maybe they'l get a few of theirs,depends really on who own them,if its irish based leasing company then maybe yes

Shanair wrote: »
    Photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair

Click on image to enlarge and select "all sizes" for the even bigger picture

Really enjoying your shots.

Well Done.

Advertisement