Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr.Dre feat. Jay Z Under Pressure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Very weak imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

It's OK, wish it was a bit longer, good to finally hear something though.

Probably the unfinished version

Probably the unfinished version

Yeah, sorry. Listened to it a few times and it's clearly unmastered. There's no hook and Dre will probably have another verse at the end too. I have to say I think the beat is good, the final version will be much clearer and will obviously sound better. I think this track will be huge.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/16/dre-jay-z-under-pressure/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

very disapointing, i know its not mastered and polished but it is what it is a very average track especcially considering we waited so long.

all dre got is eminem, aftermath is offically dead if this anything to go by. i know em just released a good good album but for me recovery and most of the music eminem makes stays in the ipod for me it aint the kind of music id have blaring out my stereo or car playing with pride as he raps about getting raped by his stepfather or issues with kim and the mother etc. (not taking anything away from em because he is quailty but sometimes a bit imature for me )

this is where dre and 50, game etc come in but there stuff has been awful lately too this is why fear for aftermath as a label when you consider roc nation/def jam/ cash money etc at the moment pretty much have it locked down bar eminem.

i still bang 2001 and a bit of chronic with pride , and dre prides himself with his beats and under pressure sounds old and recycled it has no fresh or new vibe to it and its safe to say dre's beats lately have been average, the beats from relapse and bisd were nothing great and that track he done with em on recovery was well awful (the beat).

i aint giving up on detox as i heard a couple of leaked tracks over the years with t.i etc and they sounded promising but this is a step back, if this track does well its because we have been waiting so long (years if you think about it) not because its good standout song because lets face it, it isnt.

i know a few dre and em fans wont like what i said but its how i feel and many more people by the noises from a few forums i was on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I did hear that Detox was going to have a Techno vibe to it.....and this kinda adds to the speculation.

But i have to admit, i like it, when it's polished with a proper bassline it's going to sound real nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Il give it a listen when I get home from work tonight, always follow what jigga does, not a huge Dre fan to be honest, more Badboy / Roc A Fella (Roc Nation) / Ruff Ryders fan. Saying that though Badboy has gone to the dogs altogether, im waiting ages now for Aasim stuff to come out, I got the money pit and departed mixtapes.

Hoping Jay has a new album out sometime soon, hope this track isn’t as bad as people are saying :(

This is officially the scrapped version of under pressure...

source: http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=2097

This is officially the scrapped version of under pressure...

source: http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=2097

Nice to see something official (though the grammar was pretty terrible - A lot of spelling mistakes and broken English in parts?).

He says he's still working on it so I guess it will be on the album? I know the finished version will be different, but not a million miles away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

the links in the OP don't work. but it's here http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__music/archive/2010/06/16/22268854.aspx too

where's the bass?

it's different. probably a grower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Not bad but hardly worth the long wait. Jigga murders Dre unsurprisingly

Jigga wrote: »
    Not bad but hardly worth the long wait. Jigga murders Dre unsurprisingly

Probably wrote Dre's part too so there's a good chance he murdered himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The drums are weak as hell.

lads good news,
    dre says the under pressure track was a leak and that it didnt even have a proper hook and it sounded awful

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/drdre-talks-detox-amp-under

• Registered Users Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Course he's gonna say that when it got completely shredded on every rap forum. That song shouldn't have leaked cuz it should have just been deleted.

I remember when Dre said Detox is gonna be a Hip-hOpera, with each rapper playing a certain character. Wish he stuck to that format.

Cmon Ice Cube, drop I am the West and show em how its done!

here's the finished version with hook, still awful if you ask me.

hook is terrible

http://hulkshare.com/lw3tx8m9s4tg

here's the finished version with hook, still awful if you ask me.
    What's the song for? I read somewhere that it's for a Hewlett Pacard ad or something? Or is it just a leftover?

The hook is absolutely terrible.

it was for detox and was supposed to be the 1st single but id say its shelved now because of the bad feedback its getting and rightly so.

no it wasnt for hewlett because if you remember jimmy and dre announced that the first single would be called under pressure ft jayz

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What's the song for? I read somewhere that it's for a Hewlett Pacard ad or something? Or is it just a leftover?

The hook is absolutely terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement