Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was over in New York last week and talked to a fella who grew up with Biggie

Options
  • 16-06-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I was getting a pair of headphones in Macy's in Manhattan when Hip-Hop came up. He was saying he's from Bed Stuy and he knew B.I.G. when he was doing his bad stufff, when he went to school and just before he blew up!

He also saw Pac before in a bar, he bought a glass of cognac and threw it back at the barman :D he mentioned a rapper AC Melodic (AC Melodiq?), said he is going to be the next rapper.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

yeah, i encountered a few people like that before, i met Sage Francis' best friend one time, dude didnt even know his real name :D

But in realtion to BIG, apparently he was wel know around that area by everyone because he was a jolly dealer and always on the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm just finished watching Notorious.:D
    Good film.

Kinda on the subject, has anyone heard of Shawn Nicks?
    I was in NY around Hallowe'en 3 years ago and I bought a CD off him on the side of the road, just 'cause he was cool and it turned out to be fairly fcukin' good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Sure i tell americans that come here i went to school with St.Patrick. :D

"Pull a hat trick, and that's word to St. Patrick "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Yea Big was popular enough in his own area and other parts of NY, Greatest of all Time J

Thanks for posting! Anybody know any good music shops in NY? Ive been there a few times and cannot seem to find really decent ones for rap music!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you are looking for vinyl, this is the place to go:

My buddy was there recently and got some excellent records, but you have to be willing to dig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If you are looking for vinyl, this is the place to go:

My buddy was there recently and got some excellent records, but you have to be willing to dig.

Cheers thanks, any good cds shops to?

Also i dont mind Diggin In The Crates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

is that record store called "the thing" by any chance?

Kinda somewhere to dig for samples more so,not for hip hop....

Yep, it's "The Thing", mostly for digging, but my buddy found loads of hip-hop singles and albums on wax that are real difficult to find. Must get a list of what he picked up there and post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

Pretty cool,would love to see what he found in that record cellar.
    If I ever get over there,id love to stop by and have a dig.

Advertisement