Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Boi - General Patton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Holy sh!t that track is brilliant!

Shutterbug, Royal Flush, For Yo Sorrows, Somethings Gotta Give, Shine Blockas, Tangerine and now General Patton - is it too early to say this album will be a classic??

BTW, I heard that General Patton will be the intro to the Sir Lucious Leftfoot, what a way to kick off an album!

Lucious Leftfoot tracklist:

sir-lucious-left-foot.jpg?w=360&h=360
    1. Feel Me (Intro)
    2. Daddy Fat Sax
    3. Turns Me On feat. Sleepy Brown & Joi
    4. Follow Us feat. Vonnegutt
    5. Shutterbugg feat. Cutty
    6. General Patton
    7. Tangerine feat. T.I. & Khujo Goodie
    8. You Ain’t No DJ feat. Yelawolf
    9. Hustle Blood feat. Jamie Foxx
    10. Be Still feat. Janelle Monáe
    11. Fo Yo Sorrows feat. George Clinton, Too Short & Sam Chris
    12. Night Night feat. B.o.B & Joi
    13. Shine Blockas feat. Gucci Mane
    14. The Train Pt. 2 (Sir Lucious Left Foot Saves The Day) feat. Sam Chris
    15. Back Up Plan

Source

No Andre, what the hell??

According to Big Boi's twitter, Jive don't want Andre on it, although he has prodcued a track. Strange.

Orizio wrote: »
    According to Big Boi's twitter, Jive don't want Andre on it, although he has prodcued a track. Strange.
    Yeah man I heard that, pretty ridiculous, but I just checked Big Boi's twitter and apparently the Andre tracks are back on it (hopefully its the ones he had verses on, and not just the ones he produced)

http://twitter.com/Therealbigboi/status/15652188712

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I ****ing hate hyperbole, but I think this album could be an absolute masterpiece.:eek:

Everything we have heard has been absolute splendid, if the rest is as strong we have the first masterpiece of the decade..:eek::eek::eek:

No pressure then...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

personally cant wait for the album, shutterbug and general pattron are on constant repeat on the ipod at the moment.

Sir Lucious Leftfoot album snippets for anybody who's interested

http://www.amazon.com/Lucious-Left-Foot-Chico-Dusty/dp/B003FGWSL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277524590&sr=8-1

Looking For Ya feat Andre 3000 (beat is insane, that bassline is flithy!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nvizm1oyymt

^ Since Jive are blocking Dre from being on here, Big Boi leaked this track himself, its a crime that it wont be on the album though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Watched the new episode of Entourage there and was wondering what the opening song would be. Shutterbugg, nuf said.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

just about to watch it myself, they always have great hiphop in the background or in between scenes on the show

• Advertisement

Sir Lucious Leftfoot has arrived :D:D

Edit: The album is absolutely bonkers, even as an Eminem stan who's loving Recovery I can honestly say this is far and away the best hip hop album I've heard this year

Funky, sexy, aggressive, Big Boi done his thing on here!

And the production is excellent

Favorite song after one listen is probably Daddy Fat Sax, but every track is as good as the next

Only home from work so I'll have to listen after the Spain game, man I've been dying to listen all day. Great news that it's sounding good, I had little doubt though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Makaveli wrote: »
    Only home from work so I'll have to listen after the Spain game, man I've been dying to listen all day. Great news that it's sounding good, I had little doubt though.

Listening at the moment, sounds real good so far.

The David Blaine thing is totally out of place, but made me chuckle.

After listening, i think that the album starts off really strong, but towards the end I thought it was dragging its heels a bit.
    Need to listen again though, some amazing stuff on it.

No drag for me. This album is butter. Can't see anything being better this year.

Only thing that was a let down was on the Shine Blockas remix it was a recycled Big Boi verse from the original and not a new verse.

Listened again, not a major fan of Hustle Blood and You Aint No DJ. There is another song as well that is not listed on the track listening above ^ got thats on the version i got, and i cant remember the name of it, it's on my machine in work....but it's pretty annoying. I'll get the name of it tomorrow.

Hustle Blood & You Aint No DJ might grow on me though.

I opened another thread on Eternia & Moss, i think that album is slightly better than Big Boi...but this is only after one day of listening to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I got my hands on the extended 19 track version and I have to say I'm very impressed after only a handful of listens. It's a very solid well produced album with plenty of high points but I personally don't really like 'Shine Blockas', mainly because I really like Jigga's 'This Can't Be Life' and I can't get my head around what sounds like a distorted sample of that track. Hopefully it will grow on me because the rest of the album is near flawless IMO!

Raekwon wrote: »
    I got my hands on the extended 19 track version and I have to say I'm very impressed after only a handful of listens. It's a very solid well produced album with plenty of high points but I personally don't really like 'Shine Blockas', mainly because I really like Jigga's 'This Can't Be Life' and I can't get my head around what sounds like a distorted sample of that track. Hopefully it will grow on me because the rest of the album is near flawless IMO!

Tracklist?

'Shine Blockas' is the best track on the album imo.

Tracklist?

Obviously not an official release because of conflicts with Jive Records but this is the version I have:

1. "Feel Me" (Intro)
    2. "Daddy Fat Sax"
    3. "Turns Me On" (feat. Sleepy Brown & Joi)
    4. "Follow Us" (feat. Vonnegutt)
    5. "Shutterbugg" (feat. Cutty)
    6. "General Patton" (feat. Big Rube)
    7. "Tangerine" (feat. T.I. & Khujo)
    8. "You Ain't No DJ" (feat. Yelawolf)
    9. "Hustle Blood" (feat. Jamie Foxx)
    10. "Be Still" (feat. Janelle Monáe)
    11. "Fo Yo Sorrows" (feat. George Clinton, Too Short & Sam Chris)
    12. "Night Night" (feat. B.o.B & Joi)
    13. "Shine Blockas" (feat. Gucci Mane)
    14. "The Train Part. II (Sir Lucious Left Foot Saves the Day)"
    15. "Back Up Plan"
    16. "Shine Blockas (Remix)" (feat Gucci Mane, Bun B & Project Pat)
    17. "Ringtone"
    18. "Royal Flush" (featuring Raekwon & Andre 3000)
    19. "Lookin For Ya" (featuring Andre 3000 & Sleepy Brown)
    Orizio wrote:
    'Shine Blockas' is the best track on the album imo.

Lyrically its a very decent track but like I said everytime that I hear it I cannot help comparing it to the Kanye produced "This Can't Be Life" and that really annoys me.

That's missing Theme Song from the 17 track deluxe edition. I think the 19 track version might just be people adding tracks that were cut.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    That's missing Theme Song from the 17 track deluxe edition. I think the 19 track version might just be people adding tracks that were cut.

Ringtone was renamed Theme Song to avoid friction between record labels and is only on the deluxe edition. Btw I have no doubt that the 19 track version is not the official Def Jam release, but the more tracks the better as far as I'm concerned. Btw "Dubbz" & "Sumthin's Gotta Give" (features Mary J. Blige) also got cut from the official release.

Ah didn't realise that.

Something's Gotta Give wouldn't have worked considering the theme, glad they cut it. Goes to show just how delayed the album release is.

Ringtone is the song i dont like

Yeah Sumthin's Gotta Give is very down beat and somewhat political so probably wouldn't have suited the funky style of the album but Dubbz wouldn't have seemed out of place IMO

'Lookin For Ya' is ****ing nasty, classic OutKast. 'Royal Flush' is similarly superior to the majority of the stuff on the real release. Shame Jive acted like dickheads - add those two, cut the album down to 45 or so minutes and you have a borderline Hip-Hop masterpiece.

What were the other 3 stack tracks cut from the album?

What were the other 3 stack tracks cut from the album?

Ringtone (which was renamed Theme Song), Dubbz & Sumthin's Gotta Give.

Edit: Lookin' For Ya is an amazing track, both MC's kill it!

As far as I know Dre was also meant to a have a verse on You Aint No Dj - that track would be a lot better if 3K was on it instead of Yelawolf imo

As good as the album is, I can't help but wonder what it could have been if Jive didn't fcuk Big Boi over

Sumthin's Gotta Give is nice and smooth too imo - throw that, 'Lookin' For Ya' and 'Royal Flush' in with Feel Me, Daddy Fat Sax, Follow Us, Shutterbug, General Patton, Fo Yo Sorrows, Shine Blockas, The Train Pt 2 and Back Up Plan and you have a ****ing album.

• Advertisement

Something's Gotta Give is out of date though. I think it would have been a bad idea to include it.

Advertisement