Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camelot film extras open casting

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

How were u paid?

I was never paid for my costume fitting

I was booked to film one day, but they called back and said they overbooked. no callback since. I doubt there'll be another :(

But I want me damn fittin pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Just got a cheque in the post a couple of weeks after working.

Worked another 13 hour day yesterday. Filming is supposed to go on for another couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robw017

They seem to be set up in hellfire wood this week. Think they were in the gounds of Lough Tay a few weeks ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hey,

only seeing this thread now..how is everyone getting on?

wish i saw it when originally posted.. would have loved to get involved, anyone know if they still take on people or was it a one off casting at the start?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 baileymay

madma wrote: »
    hey,

only seeing this thread now..how is everyone getting on?

wish i saw it when originally posted.. would have loved to get involved, anyone know if they still take on people or was it a one off casting at the start?

cheers

yeah im devastated i didnt see this sooner... they still filming?

• Advertisement

Lied to me, and never paid me for my fitting day

Professionals me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

As far as I know, there are no production companies that pay people to come along for fittings or auditions.

Well it was a day we had to keep free, and I was given a payment invoice

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

I'd say give them a ring so, and find out what the craic is about the invoice.

If they said they'd pay you, then maybe you have to bring the invoice to the production office or something?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Not only did I not get payed for the fitting/training day, I did one day with them to the tune of over a hundred euro and have yet to be payed. I've left messages and sent a text to the Camelot extras mobile, but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone have this problem also? What can I do about it? 100 quid is a lot of money.

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    Not only did I not get payed for the fitting/training day, I did one day with them to the tune of over a hundred euro and have yet to be payed. I've left messages and sent a text to the Camelot extras mobile, but they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone have this problem also? What can I do about it? 100 quid is a lot of money.
    Seriously man, dont let it go! Did you keep your invoice?

Gna keep callin the office. The down to Citizens Information if I dont get anywhere

I dont care how much I was due, the fact is they owe me money, and prob lots more who also took days off work for the fitting

Yeah, thats the problem though. What 'office' do we call? As far as I know that mobile number is the only way to contact the right people, but I have a feeling its sitting in a desk in some prefab somewhere, lost forever.

Yeah, they contract the phones! Most likely change them often to keep people out of the loop

Theres a landline number for the extras dept, gna keep callin them and ask for someone from the billing / accounts department

If they refuse, I'll be headin down to take back €22 worth of the set!

Whats the other number you have for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

hey,got a call to be in tomorrow at 11am, do you know what bus i can get to ardmore studios? i never went there before? also i never got a costume fit i forgot to ask the guy but i sent them an email to be an extra last week as i missed the open casting. I seen alot of people on this talking about a 2 hour fitting :S ?

Hi Veronica. Could you do me a massive favour and message me the number you were called from if you can? I still need to be payed for a day I did in June, and they aren't returning my calls from the number I have for them. I think it's the 145? But please don't hold me to that, its been so long since I got a call. You could take the dart and get a bus from Bray town, would be much faster.

I got a costume fit and no work, then 3 calls, first was cancelled, the other 2 I couldnt do cos of college

I asked about gettin paid for the fitting if I end up never doin a days shooting, and he blabbed on sayin it's either in with your first paycheck, or else you get it "at the end" ?

I'm guessin when its a wrap. I really think they're just hopin everyone lets it go so they dont pay us

meanies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

hey, i was talking to other extras who are on it alot, one said it'll take maybe a week and a half to get paid and no one else was complaining about not getting paid ??? :S the number they called me on was 012769900 i just did two days work yesturday so i'll let you know if i get paid lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Hey, did anyone get called for tomorrow morning? My girlfriend's going to it, but can't remember if the bus is at 5:45 or 6:45...big difference, obviously :). Any help?

Thanks!

Advertisement