Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian barbecue

Options
  • 28-05-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a barbecue this evening and have a vegetarian coming. Can quorn sausages and burgers be barbecued? Any other ideas for what to barbecue for her?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You can bbq the burgers anyway, not sure about the sausages 'cause I don't like them. You can get veggie chicken fillet things too that you stick on the bbq. Oh, and corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is so good barbequed.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Ok great, thanks a million... will try that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yup veggie burgers can indeed be barbequed, vegetable skewers are nice too, just grab a pack of wooden skewery yokes and put mushrooms and peppers on them, nyom.

Also, not sure if it'll be an issue for this particular veggie, but you might want to consider maybe doing the veggie stuff first? Just so the veggie burgers aren't going down on a big load of animal fat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any veggie meat substitute is fine, we have a big one every year. Chicken fillets/burgers are nice...for the skewers...pepper, mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, onion(tricky!) are what we have..can't recall what else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Halloumi or mozarella in big chunky slices is usually what I have, all smoky and yummy from the bbq :) cooks very quickly too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haloumi is amazing!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hmmmmm, haloumi i never thought of bbq'ing that :)

i usually do, quorn chicken fillets, burgers and sausages.

portobello mushrooms with tomato, goats cheese and basil

veggie kebabs with onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and sometimes quorn chicken or beef pieces

pineapples pieces

sweetcorn

sweet potato pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Marinated tofu or tempeh either in pieces or as part of skewers with sweet potato chunks and cherry tomatoes.

Polenta made with a bit of chili and topped with tapenade.

Portabello mushrooms - make great veggie burgers.

Sliced beef tomatoes.

Even slices of parboiled potatoes grilled are filling.

Better in barbeque situations to suggest to the vegetarian guest to bring along their own grill that can be put on top of the meaters grill.

Getting hungry now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

tufterween wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having a barbecue this evening and have a vegetarian coming. Can quorn sausages and burgers be barbecued? Any other ideas for what to barbecue for her?

Thanks

Gotta say fair play to the OP.

Not alot of people will check this kind of stuff before a barbeque. Been to a few where the salads were the main course.

Advertisement