Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pass Mark for 2nd assessment.

• 24-05-2010 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,
    I received my letter saying I had passed the 2nd stage. Does anyone know what it is marked out of. I scored 54.
    I am assuming it is out of 100 but 54 seems a very low mark for a pass.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

I think last year it was out of 70 for the AC, so 54 would be a good score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

The AC is marked out of 70 - A maximum score of 10 for each of the 7 competencies. Did anyone elses pass letter tell them their score? Usually you have to wait on your feedback. 54 is very good, well done, however depending on your background may not be good enough. Last year I had a friend who scored 55, but never got called for medical or start date (another who scored 57 was in Jan intake). Marks will obviously vary campaign to campaign though, and if you're from RC background I'd say 54 puts you in very good standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 peter_green

didnt think you'd get anything like that back until august when everyone has sat it and they work out who's going forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

You get marked against set criteria so as soon as you've completed your AC you're marks are available, but you're right, they usually don't release this information until later on after all pass and fail letters have been posted, along with you're feedback.

Are you sure it was your AC score and not your IST score? Just asking because I know IST scores are being posted at the moment, and all the other passes from the AC I've heard of didn't have scores included.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

im pretty sure thats the score for the ist, they have been sent out this week. FOR the A/C you wont hear back until the end of august and its a few pages thick a breakdown of each part and you scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

The pass mark was 52 according to my letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 woop1983

Apologies everyone, having a bimbo day, I did not read the letter properly:o.

It was the results for the IST. I got 54, I am Female RC, am i still in with a chance?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

In truth the IST score is irrelevant once you pass it . The AC score is what really decides your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

delancey42 wrote: »
    In truth the IST score is irrelevant once you pass it . The AC score is what really decides your chances.

Not so unfortunately. The IST score will come into play in the event of tied scores - and think about it - with over 2000 people sitting a test there will be loads with the same score. So after AC scores, places will be allocated according to IST score and then if scores are still tied, scores in a certain competency will be factored in, so basically, its very important to do as well as you can in ALL aspects of the recruitment process. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The above is quite correct . What I was trying to convey was the importance of the AC . I have scored high 60's in the IST but unless I reach a sufficiently high standard at the AC it won't count for much :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

hi i've been told that due to me getting a fairly good score in the ist (61) and that im r/c that even if I dont do as well as others in the a/c which i have coming up next week I may be able to fall back on my ist score and could still pass even if others score higher than me and fail?sounds unlikely to me but im just wondering if theres any truth in this?any feedback appreciated

Advertisement