Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So, outside of Martial Arts - what floats your boat?.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Sort of agree with Cowzer. Outside of the MA world most time is spent with family

Other things I enjoy are

Rugby
    Eating Out
    Traveling
    Watching MMA
    Good music (everything from Jazz to classical) dislike that RnB $hit and Rap
    Having a good scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Which CBR did you have?.

Over the years I've had everything from the old DT's and RD's (LC's and YPVS's) through to Gixxers and a CBR1000F, but of them all the only one I've truely loved is the Vespa.

Although I had a Honda Dominator 600 (600cc single), that was good old craic.. Here's a photo of it..

attachment.php?attachmentid=114990&stc=1&d=1274828116

And me on the Dommie doing a safe over take :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=114992&stc=1&d=1274828119

(mobil phone pic)...

Oh yea, if you've no photos of your CBR on the back wheel your a wussy ;P (to qoute you!!!)

Pfff try that on a fire blade :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

yomchi wrote: »
    Pfff try that on a fire blade :P

Its only a second thought on a blade, pity I don't have photos anymore but I used to wheelie the CBR1000F with my son on the back.

I've never rode a bike I couldn't wheelie, although some were harder than others - worse was probably the Suzuki 600 Bandit, had to dump the clutch. Simply won't wheelie off the gas, horrible bike.

(I'm a bike nerd!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Jeez same here!
    What have you got at the moment? I have a Triumph T900, had a blade before that but the engine blew up on it. No better way to travel!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've only started getting into martial arts since January (doing street defense/ju-jitsu in Limerick now).

Before then, and to a lesser extent now, I'd have said:
    playing in goals (soccer and GAA football)
    writing poetry
    playing my guitar and singing
    reading
    writing my blog
    a bit of cooking
    and spending way too much time on Boards :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭kravicecreama

the bike/scooter and martial arts thing is a bit freaky.Drove me mbk moped before I learned to drive a car in me 30's. Moved house twice on that baby and deliverd me pregnant missus to the hospital for me first born too.We got there late cause she insisted on driving.

I love to cook too.Made the big leap from frying pans and pots to casseroles this year.

Other than that I love to learn from reading. From historical battlefields, to computer programmeing to gardening.

God I am such a geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Other than MA, I play tag rugby, love cycling, a little bit of soccer, wakeboarding when I can....
    Jamie Oliver cookbooks too though - big into cooking on a sat night. (And paying for it at training on a monday) :D

Sleeping is definitley another favourite ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Northwind

Reading, Mahjong, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Games

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Outside of Jiu-Jitsu,

I play Bass guitar, was in bands etc, but not anymore.
    Spend time with the misses.
    TV & Movies, Netflix, DVDs, YouTube, once its a well writen show/film.
    Listen to music, mostly heavy metal and rock.
    Fan of Manchester United, speaks for itself.
    Occasionly cook, i enjoy it when i'm motivated.

But Jiu-Jitsu and the club are my passion and i will always find some time during the day to reflect on what i've learned in training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

Except for karate i like swimming and walking my dogs. And playing my xbox all night every night (its awesome).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Outside of Judo, I have a good mixture of nerdy and manly interests! I like xbox, reading, writing, studying psychology/neuroscience, as well as hiking, climbing, and swimming. Still, nothing beats my ultimate hobby: Religiously stalking Doug Cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Eating
    Eating
    Running
    Cycling
    Eating
    Reading (Fiction)
    Video games
    Making sure no one on the internet is wrong

Eating
    Eating
    Eating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

cowzerp wrote: »
    Mopeds are for sissy's-get a real bike like a CBR ya big wusses!!!

Wish i still had mine, that was fun...

Since writing this I've remedied this :)

Read below
    Which CBR did you have?.

Oh yea, if you've no photos of your CBR on the back wheel your a wussy ;P (to qoute you!!!)

Cbr 250, but 600 now-this is what I do for a chill time to my self.

Wheelies are hard to photograph while driving ;)

All joking aside though I'm not that into doing them anyway, get my ego boosted bashing you regular :)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Apart from Kali, silat, and western martial arts - all of which i am deeply passionate about,
    I enjoy...
    Irish traditional music
    Crafts
    Guitar
    Listening to music - trad - blues - rock - classical - big band - native american - etc etc
    Going to gigs

And dreaming of what to do with my euromillions when i win the jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I used to play a lot of football until I smashed my knee in 3 places and had to get it rebuilt. These days I still play once a week but its not serious. I am really getting into cycling - been at it for 3 weeks now and I completed my first 100km cycle so I was very pleased with that.

Also like drawing & painting, reading and I usually spend a lot of my weekend doing DIY, which is soon to change as I have my first child due on the 17th of April.

Oh, forgot to add, I love cooking... I find it really therapeutic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Outside of spending time with the family, I'm also really starting to enjoy a bit of cycling, preferably rural and longer distances, and mucking about with bikes. Also love cooking, music, and a few beers and a bop with friends. My work is primarily software development in the geospatial domain, and I still get a great buzz out of solving complex geometric problems. A bit like getting paid to play soduko I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I like reading and sport in general i go cycling and i go to the gym a bit
    I'm a nerd at heart i read history and fantasy books and I'm into politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Northwind

Peetrik wrote: »
    ...Making sure no one on the internet is wrong...(minus the eating)...

Did no one else catch on to this? lol too funny - :P

Advertisement