Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dart Board

Options
  • 20-05-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hey lads,

I just moved into a new apartment and I have got space for a new board.
    Can anyone recommend a good one to get. Had a look in Argos earlier and not sure which type to purchase.

I'm an a average player, would just be for practice really and play matches down the pub.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Best board you can get is the Unicorn Eclipse Pro. It's the board that the PDC use.

It's not expensive and Argos sell them. Your better off getting the best board available because if you turn it regularily it will last you ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Best board you can get is the Unicorn Eclipse Pro. It's the board that the PDC use.

It's not expensive and Argos sell them. Your better off getting the best board available because if you turn it regularily it will last you ages.

Got one only last week m8, and awful smell of petrol/oil off it... Last 1 i had wasnt great quality either.. Gonna try the bulls advantage next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Dicie wrote: »
    Got one only last week m8, and awful smell of petrol/oil off it... Last 1 i had wasnt great quality either.. Gonna try the bulls advantage next time.

Got a eclipse pro meself a few months back and it is still in great condition, last one I had before that was poor quality and stunk my room out for a few weeks!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Got a eclipse pro meself a few months back and it is still in great condition, last one I had before that was poor quality and stunk my room out for a few weeks!:(

WOnder what it is, i thought 1 of the kids had taken up sniffing petrol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Dicie wrote: »
    WOnder what it is, i thought 1 of the kids had taken up sniffing petrol....

lol :D, next time I get a smelly board I'm gonna set it a light to it to see is it petrol!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It seems to be a hit and miss when it comes to the Eclipse Pro. I'm on my third one, and the second on I had was pretty poor. The one I have now though is great. :D

Through lots of discussions in other sites I've seen, the Bulls Advantage II seems to be the best board out there. Though I never saw it being sold in Ireland. I suppose eBay is your best bet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

I got a blade III board in Argos last moth for €26. It was on special offer so the book price was not updated need to use the machine. In my opinion every bit as good as the ecpilse board.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I hate the Blade 3 board, far too many bounce outs due to the thick wires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

having used both eclipse pro and blade 3 I find the blade 3 to be superior in terms of workmanship. Which means it has lasted longer than the eclipse. Can't say I've had any issue with bounce outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I have been using the eclipse pro.plays great and wears well but mine got covered in mould due to under use and being in the shed over the winter. Still is grand but bought a blade 3 recently in argos.havent used it yet but looks (and smells) great

• Advertisement
Advertisement