Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Blessington

Options
  • 19-05-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone has heard of this ,if you google it there is mention of it on wicklow co website and lidl is on it too

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Hadn't heard about it before you posted it here. Just googled it and see that they've applied for planning permission. Would be a good idea, IMO. In fairness, Dunnes is over-priced and could probably do with a bit of competition in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Someone was telling me it's going across from oak drive where the playbarn was I can't see that happening.it would be too congested I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

I heard it was going behind the new bakery place beside super valu.
    And its to open in September!

I heard it was going behind the new bakery place beside super valu.
    And its to open in September!

is there room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Thats what I thought...
    But I hear there is!
    Where the old primary school was.
    Ill believe it when I see it!

• Advertisement

Thats what I thought...
    But I hear there is!
    Where the old primary school was.
    Ill believe it when I see it!

Me too! I heard they were going to demolish one of the unused industrial facilities beside oak drive across from the playground ,but that would mean a new improved road not to mention congestion

Has anyone heard any updates to this ,the last time it was discussed was back in April

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Has anyone heard any updates to this ,the last time it was discussed was back in April

Heard construction is to start in march..

Not sure how true that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

Found this after a bit of searching..

http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=102186&LASiteID=0

Ps.Lidl were refused permission back in 2004 in case anyone was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

and theyve started working on it.... spitting distance from my house in oak drive. its behind the playground if anyone is interested!!!

straight across from Maxol. Cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

It will be busy alright the only thing that worries me is the playground and the school are right beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

When is it expected to open? They usually have them thrown together pretty quickly don't they?

DAN85 wrote: »
    When is it expected to open? They usually have them thrown together pretty quickly don't they?

They do but there is a lot of heavy excavation on it as the location is on a sloping hill.

I saw that yesterday driving home from work and wondered if it was Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

More fun and games trying to get through Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

laugh wrote: »
    More fun and games trying to get through Blessington.

Cany understand why nobody uses the relief road, :mad:

Can't understand it myself ,I've had no issues getting through blessington during rush hour since it opened:confused:

Because they obviously don't read the road signs :)
    Although last week a lot of people would have had to use it for the first time as the tractor run was on and the village couldn't be accessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Aldi in Blessington is a good thing. They were told that in order to build they would need to consider the additional traffic on the main street. The main street as any other residents will know has been in bits for about 5 years now but particularly bad this year. Aldi as part of the deal had to resurface the full road :)

iregk wrote: »
    Aldi in Blessington is a good thing. They were told that in order to build they would need to consider the additional traffic on the main street. The main street as any other residents will know has been in bits for about 5 years now but particularly bad this year. Aldi as part of the deal had to resurface the full road :)

Bout time the road is in bits and I'm sick of it, it's like the road to wexford 25 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Where does the relief road go? Down the potholey road passed the council office? Does it come out near sturdy or on the road to Nass?

laugh wrote: »
    Where does the relief road go? Down the potholey road passed the council office? Does it come out near sturdy or on the road to Nass?

Pot holes have been fixed now and it comes out at the Naas road or you can turn left at the roundabout and go to Dunnes/shops etc

Advertisement