Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OpenFM DJing Spin-off Competition

Options
  • 17-05-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

colourBanner.jpg
    OpenFM_Logo.jpg

Think you're a good DJ?

Want to try a different audience?

Well here's your chance…..

The newly formed OpenFM, is now seeking applications from up and coming DJ's.

What's in it for me?

The successful candidate will
    get his/her own weekly programme on OpenFM…wow! Such exposure
    perform at the OpenFM club nights, …oh stop it!
    establish his/her name within the Dublin area…noice one, guv’
    perform at the Dublin Pride After Party….part’ayyyyy…
    and more...

Jaysis’ I think I can win.....

Well, if you say so....email competitions@openfm.ie with a 30 minute demo (MP3 mix via www.sendspace.com or www.mixcloud.com would be ideal) with all your stats: name, dj name, genre, and digits etc..

And if we like what we hear...

Oh you'll hear from us alright... 12 DJs will be short-listed and you will perform before an ‘expert’ panel and a voting audience. The winner will be chosen based upon their mixing style, ability, panache and choice of tunes.

TERMS & CONDITIONS.
    Deadline is the Thursday, 20th of May, 2010. Terms & Conditions will be notified to the 12 finalists.

OpenFM
    The Digital Exchange,
    The Digital Hub,
    Crane St,
    Dublin 8.
    P: +353 1 48026225
    F: +353 1 4806201
    W: www.openfm.ie
    Fans: www.facebook.com/openfm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

There was real strong competition. Thanks to everyone that entered. Here are the finalist that will play-off against each other starting next Friday.

Purty Kitchen, Temple Bar.
    Friday 28th May
    9pm - 12am

6 DJs competing on Fri 28th
    Paul Graham
    Dave Moran
    Brain Sexton
    Declan Carey (Deckno)
    DeckSavrz
    Mark Flynn (Boco)

Friday 11th June (OpenFM Launch Party)
    9 - 12am

6 DJs competing on 11th June
    Neon Vampires
    James O'Sullivan
    Paul Sweeney
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kevin Fanning
    DJ SJ (Sean John)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

energy69 wrote: »
    There was real strong competition. Thanks to everyone that entered. Here are the finalist that will play-off against each other starting next Friday.

Friday 28th May
    9pm - 12am

6 DJs competing on Fri 28th
    Paul Graham
    Dave Moran
    Brain Sexton
    Declan Carey (Deckno)
    DeckSavrz
    Mark Flynn (Boco)

Friday 11th June (OpenFM Launch Party)
    9 - 12am

6 DJs competing on 11th June
    Neon Vampires
    James O'Sullivan
    Paul Sweeney
    Miguel Gonzalez
    Kevin Fanning
    DJ SJ (Sean John)

Get in there!

Some seriously ****ing stiff competition, and I'm also the youngest person by a couple of years as far as I can see...

Nice thing about being the underdog is that you have nothing to lose I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sweeno69

i'm there too :D

what sorta stuff you play james?

sweeno69 wrote: »
    i'm there too :D

what sorta stuff you play james?

On after me? Ye fecker :D

For preference I play DC10/CircoLoco style stuff. Had a look at the bigorange last night and that, wouldn't be terribly far off what you play yourself when I'm out and about.

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    On after me? Ye fecker :D

For preference I play DC10/CircoLoco style stuff. Had a look at the bigorange last night and that, wouldn't be terribly far off what you play yourself when I'm out and about.

Ah it should be a good night anyway! Whats the bigorange?

• Advertisement

Ah it should be a good night anyway! Whats the bigorange?

Sorry, got you mixed up with Kevin Fanning!

http://www.thebigorange.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

Who's opened for Da Hool, Justin Robertson and Jape.

You're the resident in Horans? V.Nice set of names you've played with; O' Callaghan and the ilk. Would be about 10bpm below you most of the time, and nowhere near as hard in terms of what I play.

The guy on directly after you (Miguel) seems to have a residency in the Dragon and has opened for Boy George and a few other highish profile bits and pieces.

As I said, stiff enough competition.

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Sorry, got you mixed up with Kevin Fanning!

http://www.thebigorange.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

Who's opened for Da Hool, Justin Robertson and Jape.

You're the resident in Horans? V.Nice set of names you've played with; O' Callaghan and the ilk. Would be about 10bpm below you most of the time, and nowhere near as hard in terms of what I play.

The guy on directly after you (Miguel) seems to have a residency in the Dragon and has opened for Boy George and a few other highish profile bits and pieces.

As I said, stiff enough competition.

Thats not me either!! That's actually a different Paul Sweeney, I've heard of the chap you are thinking of alright...

I play mainly tech-house and techno

Thats not me either!! That's actually a different Paul Sweeney, I've heard of the chap you are thinking of alright...

Ireland is absolutely hilarious for this kinda **** :rolleyes:

Just scoping out the competition, I'll put money down that Gonzales and Fanning will take 2 of the 3 slots on the night, but should be a bit of fun in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ah ****e, missed the deadline, wasn't open for long anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Goodluck to any of yous in the final, great oppurtunity right there for the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

so who won, or what happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

Brian Sexton of Technoize did afaik, he's got a spot on Open FM from 6-8pm on a tueday night I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

nice one, cheers for the reply, i handed in a mix meself and got trough to the finals but couldn't make it.
    was just interested to see how it went down.

a good few people got slots on the station... i've been on the last 3 fridays from 6-8... few other lads are on other nights also...
    not sure who won the slot at milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

a good few people got slots on the station... i've been on the last 3 fridays from 6-8... few other lads are on other nights also...
    not sure who won the slot at milk?

Aye, I was wondering that alright, Not sure if Brian was the overall winnder but as he had got a slot there I thought he may have been the winner. My bad.

Advertisement